2 Replies - 1040 Views - Last Post: 10 March 2012 - 04:14 AM

• THE PEN IS MIGHTIER
  • member icon

• View blog

Free Online Courses through Udacity

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:08 PM

Recently, it was posted about the free online CS101 course offered at Udacity. I thought it would be worth mentioning that this site has been putting a lot of effort into increasing their course selection and now has several more up-and-coming courses for those interested; including one about web-application development taught by Reddit co-founder, Steve Huffman. The other courses include subjects from Cryptography to Algorithms and Data Structures to Theory of Computation. Certainly worth checking out.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 2
  • +

Replies To: Free Online Courses through Udacity

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Free Online Courses through Udacity

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:35 PM

I always sign up for these courses, but I never follow through on [i]taking[i] them. Mostly because it's next to impossible when you're already taking CS classes in school.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Free Online Courses through Udacity

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:14 AM

I signed up for Search Engine and Robotic Car, but then I started uni. lol

I've dropped Robotic Car as I can't keep up with the workload (and I'm doing an AI class this semester anyway), but I'm finding the Search Engine course to be pretty easy, the first 3 units have taken about 4 hours each to complete including the homework tasks.

I'm going to limit myself to one class each cycle now that I know the approximate workload, and I'm pretty pumped to take the Crypto course that starts in April, however, Stanford are also offering a free Crypto class so there's options! Not sure when the Stanford one starts though.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1