1 Replies - 863 Views - Last Post: 14 March 2012 - 03:35 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Algorithm question

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

I just wrote a program that creates and fills in a survey dependent on probabilities and current statistics. But the problem is, I dont want the answers to be 100% set and grounded like they are now from the probabilities, i want each probability to have a chance of mutating and changing into a higher or lower probability that way my results are never 100% the same.

I just downloaded a pdf on adaptive MCMC algorithms i didn't read much though so im not sure what its about. I have plenty of other pdfs on my flash drive as well. I was just curious is this what a GA would come in handy? I havnt covered GA's in school yet and i wont for a couple years so i just want to get pointed in the right direction when it comes to research and the type of things ill need to do what i would like to do. Thanks in advance

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Algorithm question

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Algorithm question

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:35 AM

I didn't get into genetic algorithms until grad school(AI class). (but my undergrad ed wasn't all that great), but to answer your question, yes, this is when GA's will come in handy (required).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1