3 Replies - 4478 Views - Last Post: 15 March 2012 - 07:59 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Synchronizing databases with phpMyAdmin - Could not connect to Target

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:49 PM

I'm trying to synchronize one database on my local server, with another database on an external server(Development server to production) and vice versa. I'm not especially familiar with web servers and their configuration just yet. When I use synchronize with the same server, it works just fine, but attempting to synch from an external source results in the "Could not connect to the target" error message. I'm assuming it has something to do with permissions since all of the information I give it is correct. And there is my problem, I don't know which file or setting to change in order to allow the server with ip say "111.111.100.111" to connect to the local server with ip "192.55.55.55". The local server is running Apache/2.2.17 (Ubuntu) and MySQL client version: 5.1.54 while the external server is running Apache/2.2.10 (Linux/SUSE) and MySQL client version: 5.0.67.

At this point i'm fed up with trying, and will go back to exporting from one mysql to a file on my comp and importing on the other, lol.

Anyone have any idea? Oh and I did try commenting out the 'bind-address = ip' but was unable to restart mysql so not sure if that could be why? And would logging onto the actual server in the server room let me restart it? lol.

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Synchronizing databases with phpMyAdmin - Could not connect to Target

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Synchronizing databases with phpMyAdmin - Could not connect to Target

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:36 AM

No one at all? >< did I not provide enough information?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:41 AM

Update: I got mysql restart to run and it said

mysql stop/waiting
mysql start/running, process 11681

So i'm assuming everything ran accordingly. I will try the synch again to see if it works.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:59 AM

No luck. Not really sure what to do now, I really dislike being pulled into things with horrible documentation. Also I could've sworn I could edit posts before.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1