3 Replies - 1517 Views - Last Post: 19 March 2012 - 04:28 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

site check for client's site

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:51 PM

Hey guys, I'm finishing up a website design/development project for some clients that own their a bakery. It's not quite done yet, and they haven't given me much of the actual content for it yet, but I'd like to see what you guys think about it so far. They liked the idea of having a single page site, so I used javascript to handle the navigation. Also, I'm having a bit of trouble with the slideshow animating poorly and making a sort of flickering effect in Internet Explorer. If anyone can give me some tips on how to fix that, I'd be super thankful!

It's currently hosted here: www.inwytt.com/tandl

Thanks guys, I look forward to seeing your reviews!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: site check for client's site

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: site check for client's site

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:17 AM

Looks nice :)

Though I am not too keen on the reddy/brown background colour. Maybe replace it with something like #EEDFCC, though obviously the colour of the text on top would need to change accordingly

Also, this is very subtle, but adding a slight shadow to the H1 tag makes it look even better:
text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #ffffff;

You may want to run it through a validator, I think the main thing is just missing alt tags on images - but it's nice HTML5 goodness all the same.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:51 PM

View Postrevolutionx, on 15 March 2012 - 04:17 AM, said:

Looks nice :)

Though I am not too keen on the reddy/brown background colour. Maybe replace it with something like #EEDFCC, though obviously the colour of the text on top would need to change accordingly

Also, this is very subtle, but adding a slight shadow to the H1 tag makes it look even better:
text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #ffffff;

You may want to run it through a validator, I think the main thing is just missing alt tags on images - but it's nice HTML5 goodness all the same.

Thanks! I took your advice and added the text shadow. The brown color will stay because the client has already chosen it, but thanks for the input on that too. Also, it's now completely validated for HTML5 except for two alt images...but I'm still waiting to get the image files from the client so those can wait. I made a couple more tweaks as well. However, I'm still looking for a way to fix the slideshow behavior in Internet Explorer.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Technophile
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:28 AM

That is a very nice site. I do think you need t do something with the tabs though, they just seem like unfinished blocks now. Perhaps tie into the your theme of borders etc.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1