2 Replies - 3102 Views - Last Post: 04 May 2012 - 02:01 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Cross Platform Software iPhone, Andriod, Windows Mobile components

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:28 PM

I dint know where to ask this, and I tried searching but dint know the right keywords to use.
My dissertation is about developing a Cross Platform Software for Testing Mobile Applications, main focus on Android, iPhone, and Windows Mobile (and maybe Blackberry as well).
This is a project that will be passed on to some Phd students to finish up the major aspects, I only need to focus on usability, i.e., testing button clicks, etc.
Amazingly this will be my first attempt into mobile programming, never done it before, though I'm taking an Android module this semester to help kick start, I only know Java, and a little C++.
I figured the first step to take is getting a list of components for the different platforms and note similarities and differences in the GUI and especially the codes libraries.
Please guys I need references, books, tutorials, etc, and advise as to what I should be doing now or how I should go about this.
My application is suppose to be able to test a given software on the various platforms to confirm everything works fine on the client side (user end).
Thanks much.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Cross Platform Software iPhone, Andriod, Windows Mobile components

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Cross Platform Software iPhone, Andriod, Windows Mobile components

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:50 AM

Please do not submit questions in the tutorial section.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Cross Platform Software iPhone, Andriod, Windows Mobile components

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:01 PM

You can look into PHP, JSON, and XML to accomplish your task. I have some examples on my site for iPhone and Window Phone on how to use PHP, JSON and XML..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1