7 Replies - 3305 Views - Last Post: 19 March 2012 - 10:14 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Problem with xampp 1.7.7

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:21 PM

I installed xampp 1.7.7 it on windows 7 ultimate it ran once. Now the apache server will not start. I removed the intial installation and reinstalled, to no avail. My Internet Information Services Manager is shut off, but something in the system is still using c:\xampp\mysql\bin\mysqld.exe file. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Problem with xampp 1.7.7

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Problem with xampp 1.7.7

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

* Moved to the Web Servers and Hosting Forum *

What does the error log say? - It should be located at apache\logs\error.log in the XAMPP install dir.

something in the system is still using c:\xampp\mysql\bin\mysqld.exe file.

That's the MySQL daemon executable. Have you made sure the MySQL server is turned off? (This, by the way, should not affect Apache's ability to run.)

This post has been edited by Atli: 19 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:09 PM

The MySQL server is off, and there are no files in the apache\logs folder
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:18 PM

I haven't used XAMPP in ages so I'm not sure where else they'd put the error log. You'll need to find it and see what errors it's giving you. I suggest you search the XAMPP directory for it; see if you can't find any log files that can shine some light on what's happening.

I can't really help you figure this out unless we know what the error is.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:34 PM

It appears IIS-W3SV disabled http//*80/ for site 1. I found it the windows log files. I am going to attempt to uninstall IIS and reinstall xampp. Out of curiosity what apache emulator do you use?

Thanks for the help.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

What do you mean by "emulator"?

I've got a bunch of Apache servers running, all of them on Unix systems, all of them either installed from the repos of that system (easiest installation method imaginable) or built manually. I use a Ubuntu server set up in a Virtual Machine as my development server, with everything manually built. (I hate using outdated versions of Apache and PHP :P)

If you don't mind using Linux, setting Ubuntu Server up in a virtual machine and getting a fully functional LAMPP server running out of the Ubuntu repositories is a pretty simple thing. It even gives you an option to install a LAMPP server during the system installation. Couple that with a SSH, FTP and/or SMB server, and you've got yourself a perfect development environment without having to clutter your main OS with server software.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• = -1
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:52 PM

I've had problems running WAMP on Windows, and I had to change the port from :80, due to a clash with IIS. I know WAMP and XAMPP aren't the same thing, but it could be the same symptom.

I eventually went with EasyPHP, which was a breeze to install, and ran instantly with no problems.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:14 PM

Thanks for the tips. I removed IIS 7 and now all seems to be fine. I will get around to Ubuntu sooner or later, I'm just kinda busy right now trying to get a second version of my website done and I need PHP for the email function. In the last 4 months I've learned HTML aand CSS, and now I'm starting on PHP. I retrospect I propably should have started with PHP.

Thanks again you guys have been a great help!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1