10 Replies - 479 Views - Last Post: 23 March 2012 - 06:06 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Good Podcasts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:21 PM

At work we tend to listen to a few podcasts and we are always looking for new shows to listen to. Comedy or funny. Just wondering what are some good recommendations and what others are enjoying (If you do)

During the morning we usually listen to KROQ LA, the Kevin & Bean show. Pretty funny pretty good, kind of a raw sense of humour. Then if its a Monday we usually switch over once the shows done to Hollywood Babble-On with Ralph Garmin and Kevin Smith. It's crude and usually pretty funny for just a laugh and its more on the hollywood business side of news. With that said It's like no hollywood news talk like you've ever heard before.

Depending if there is a new show out for download we also tend to listen to the Steamcast. Video game news Mostly around VALVe Entertainment but also other news around games and console new releases and what have you not. Presented in a bit more of a chat based entertainment.

Links if anyone is interested:

Kevin & Bean: Kevin & Bean Podcast

Hollywood Babbleon: Hollywood Babble-On Podcast *NSFW*

Steamcast: The Steamcast Podcast

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Good Podcasts

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Good Podcasts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:29 PM

Coast to Coast AM Podcast

AEG's World's Largest Dungeon.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Gentleman of Leisure
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:26 AM

I like to podcast on my morning commutes or sometimes while working...

The Linux Action Show
Off The Hook

Nerdist has some good stuff also.

@Modi - pisses me off that you have to subscribe to Streamlink to listen to the Coast to Coast podcast. I used to listen to the show late nights on the radio until I fell asleep (Art Bell era - went downhill since, George Noory is okay). I need to find a way to record those.. hmmm

This post has been edited by Nykc: 21 March 2012 - 05:31 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:22 AM

I'm a huge fan of The Ruby Show but sadly, it's an IT highlights show, so it usually only goes as far as going over the headline concept of material rather than delving too far into it and discussing it's uses. They're pretty funny and charming on it too (one's British!).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

Stuff You Should Know was one of my favorites. Also from howstuffworks was TechStuff. I highly recommend both.

If you are into videogames I recommend Sarcastic Gamer.

Also some others:
Scam School teaches you scams and bar-trick type stuff. Very short/convenient
hak5 all about computers (networking, programming, and of course hacking), long episodes (40 minutes ish if I remember correctly)
Tekzilla Computer hardware reviews and such. They release daily short tips and once a week a long(40 minutes ) episode
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:35 AM

The world technology podcasts are really good, the guy running them is on NPR, the standard of content is very high, they cover a lot of different issues (social/cultural, political, and how technology ties into these), etc.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:34 PM

Personally I like to listen to SecurityNow although they can sometimes get off on tangents that are not always interesting.

This is a podcast from the TWiT family of shows... I haven't listened to all of the shows, but most of them are pretty good
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

Lots of links already. I vote for a sticky. (Is that the same as Bump?)
To me podCAST is send/push out. Maybe the opposite is podreceiving, podding, poddering, po ddrolicking, (talk about a poll) podderize, surfing? anyone.

And just to rib ishkabible I'll change the font.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:53 PM

View PostZOMBIE!!!, on 21 March 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

hak5 all about computers (networking, programming, and of course hacking), long episodes (40 minutes ish if I remember correctly)

I really like hak5 -- they always have interesting things on their shows. Although, because I tend to just listen to podcasts rather than watch, I prefer their shorter hak tips episodes.

Software Engineering Radio is quite interesting, and I am a junkie when it comes to the BBC World Service podcasts - I don't know why.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:16 PM

quiet a few links actually haha, going to have to go through them all! Ill start placing them in the OP and catagorize them just for easy reference for everyone else. but That will be another night.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Gentleman of Leisure
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:06 AM

This is not the first time this thread has been done though - nothing innovative. However I wish we did have a sticky thread with a growing list at the top of good podcast considering I am always looking for good ones to enjoy on my morning commutes or throughout the day when I do not feel like listening to music.

GamerCast network - Video Game Show is a great podcast also - been listening for years.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1