1 Replies - 1142 Views - Last Post: 21 March 2012 - 12:35 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

hang man game in C++, what are the requirements?

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

I have a project to make a hangman game with C++. Now, I have also studied loops and char, define, setw commands. I haven't studied strings.
Can you be kind enough to tell me the requirements to make a hangman game? So that I can study them and write a program in c++ for it?
What are the commands and things I must be familiar with to get started with this project? I would greatly appreciate your help.
Also, i was wondering, where do I save all the words to? And how many should I feed to the program? And How will the computer select which word to give to the user.

Thank you for your help and your time.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: hang man game in C++, what are the requirements?

• Born again Pastafarian.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: hang man game in C++, what are the requirements?

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:35 PM

Some knowledge of strings and the std::string class would be very useful, since you will inevitably be dealing with them. Some sort of random number generation might be necessary for picking a word for each game. For storing words, you could easily store and retrieve them from a file, or perhaps an array of strings. The latter might be a good starting point, which could be expanded to using file IO later on if you liked.

Just go for it, you will find out what out need to know as you go along, I'm sure.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1