• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

61 Replies - 4114 Views - Last Post: 29 April 2012 - 07:02 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Your favorite quotes

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:43 PM

Whether they are inspirational, funny, or just something you like, post your favorite quotes. Doesn't matter where they come from.

A couple of mine:

I never am really satisfied that I understand anything; because, understand it well as I may, my comprehension can only be an infinitesimal fraction of all I want to understand about the many connections and relations which occur to me, how the matter in question was first thought of or arrived at, etc., etc."
-Ada Lovelace.

"Wise warriors are mightier than strong ones, and those who have knowledge than those who have strength"-Proverbs 24:5

‎"Give strong drink to one who is perishing, and wine to those in bitter distress; let them drink and forget their poverty, and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7

I personally am an atheist, however I am forced to go to church by my parents. I stumbled upon those verses when I flipped to a random bible page out of boredom.

And for when I feel sad:

"And when you wake up, everything is gonna be fine. I guarantee that you wake in a better place, in a better time. So you're tired of livin' and you feel like you might give in. Well don't, it's not your time." - Streetlight Manifesto "A Better Place, A Better Time"

I was never sad enough to the point where suicide was an option, but this song does help me when I'm feeling down.

This post has been edited by ZOMBIE!!!: 22 March 2012 - 04:46 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 2
  • +

Replies To: Your favorite quotes

• or something bad...real bad.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Your favorite quotes

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:51 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 6
  • +
  • -

• spelling expret
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:21 PM

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it."
"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking."
"I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

All by Steven Wright

they're in my Sig too
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• Hash != Encryption
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:31 PM

"One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quoting" - Diogenes Laërtius

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, and the lesson afterwards."
- Vernon Law

This post has been edited by creativecoding: 22 March 2012 - 05:37 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• = -1
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:39 PM

...everyone knows, when you make an assumption, you make an ass out of "u" and "umption". - Samuel L Jackson in Long Kiss Goodnight
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:14 PM

Well, shit, mine was actually posted in post 2. Also, I like how this thread has 4 replies and 0 views.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:43 PM

I used to read a lot of Philip K. Dick books, and I always liked this quote:

"What does a scanner see? he asked himself. I mean, really see? Into the head? Down into the heart? Does a passive infrared scanner like they used to use or a cube-type holo-scanner like they use these days, the latest thing, see into me — into us — clearly or darkly? I hope it does, he thought, see clearly, because I can’t any longer these days see into myself. I see only murk. Murk outside; murk inside. I hope, for everyone’s sake, the scanners do better. Because, he thought, if the scanner sees only darkly, the way I myself do, then we are cursed, cursed again and like we have been continually, and we’ll wind up dead this way, knowing very little and getting that little fragment wrong too."

Philip K. Dick, A Scanner Darkly
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:07 PM

I forget where I found it or what it was from, but I seen this one online quite a few years back and have always liked it.

To know a thing well, know its limits. Only when pushed beyond its tolerance will true nature be seen.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Watcher Outside Your Window

• View blog

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:22 PM

From now on, I'm not doing anything I don't want to do! The world owes me happiness, fulfillment and success.... I'm just here to cash in. - Calvin/ Bill Watterson

Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, "Why me?" Then a voice answers, "Nothing personal... your name just happened to come up."- Charlie Brown

Arguing about whether the glass is half full or half empty misses the point, which is this: the bartender cheated you. - No idea who

Take life as it comes. Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can. - Elyas Machera(The Wheel of Time)

That should be enough..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#10 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:27 PM

'This thread fucking sucks'
-supersloth

Dude played for the Cleveland Indians yo...

Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 4
  • +
  • -

• 痛覚残留
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:11 PM

Imagine how dumb the average person is. And then imagine that half of the people are even more dumb than that.
(unknown source, but proves true every day in the forum)
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:38 PM

i have tons and tons saved but this is what's on my facebook right now

I like to exceed expectations. Or fail to meet them spectacularly. -Chris Knight, Real Genius

Success will be the best revenge -Dilated Peoples

You only live once, so eat as much candy as you can eat. -Lamar Odom

If only we’d stop trying to be happy we could have a pretty good time. -Edith Wharton

Never offend with style when you can offend with substance. -Sam Brown

For while I am opposed to all orthodox creeds, I have a creed myself, and my creed is this. Happiness is the only good. The time to be happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so. This creed is somewhat short, but is long enough for this life; long enough for this world. If there is another world, when we get there we can make another creed. But this creed certainly will do for this life. -Robert G. Ingerso

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. -Frank Herbert, The Bene Gesserit Littainy against Fear, Dune

Shame on a nigga who try to run game on a nigga -Wu-Tang Clan

Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempest. -Epicurus

Ride the highway West , baby. - Jim Morrison

Everything in the universe denies nothing; to suggest an ending is the one absurdity. -Walter O'Dim, The Gunslinger

More important than the quest for certainty is the quest for clarity. -Francois Gautier

The most glorious moments in your life are not the so-called days of success, but rather those days when out of dejection and despair you feel rise in you a challenge to life, and the promise of future accomplishments. - Gustave Flaubert

Tracy Jordan: I'm gonna make you a mix tape. You like Phil Collins?
Jack Donaghy: I've got two ears and a heart, don't I?

There have always been motherfuckers, there will always be motherfuckers, but what we can't do, is let them control our motherfucking lives. -John Oliver, The Daily Show

"The tower is tall, but the fall is short"

The best way out is always through. - Robert Frost

The unreal is more powerful than the real. Because nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it. Because its only intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, fantasies that last. Stone crumbles. Wood rots. People, well, they die. But things as fragile as a thought, a dream, a legend, they can go on and on. If you can change the way people think. The way they see themselves. The way they see the world. You can change the way people live their lives. That's the only lasting thing you can create.- Chuck Palahniuk (unknowingly writing about my tater tot theory)

"A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come." -Freamon, The Wire

"There's a thing where people say I am who I am, but that's not always true all the time. You are who you are if you reach down deep and figure out who you are. If you can’t figure out who you are you need to find out who you are and now you are officially who you are." -Ron Artest

I went to brush something off my cheek and it was the floor -Raymond Chandler
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:44 PM

View Postsupersloth, on 23 March 2012 - 01:38 AM, said:

"A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come." -Freamon, The Wire

"There's a thing where people say I am who I am, but that's not always true all the time. You are who you are if you reach down deep and figure out who you are. If you can’t figure out who you are you need to find out who you are and now you are officially who you are." -Ron Artest

Very true. I like these ones.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:26 AM

If God had meant me to marry a poor man, he would have made me homely.-Cindy Styne, Good Advice

Wrigley Field is where family trees go to die.

86.7% of all stats are made up on the spot.

However, ...I can't believe people would show up just to watch the Yankees play with themselves.

Live long and suck it, Zachary Quinto.-Sheldon Lee Cooper

Anything by Bob Uecker.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#15 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:47 AM

“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.”
Albert Pine

"[...] if you look at your reflection, is that all you want to be?" - Nine Inch Nails, 'Right where it Belongs'

"[...] stop trying to bray it up with the rest of the sheep and live your life the way it makes sense to you, you fucking ass." Randal Graves, 'Clerks 2'
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »