3 Replies - 2020 Views - Last Post: 05 May 2007 - 11:37 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

flash button problems targeting label in main timeline

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:03 AM

Hello there,

I hope someone may be able to help me from this amazing network out there. I am building a site in flash and have a horizontal sliding menu of image buttons. I got the script online for it and to make the menu work, sensitive to the mouse position, the buttons are placed within 3 movie clips and then finally placed on the main timeline.

I would like to target a frame label on the main timeline from the button within three movie clips. Is this possible? P1 is the name of my label.

I have tried:

on (release) {
_root.gotoAndPlay("p1");
}

and

on (release) {
_parent.gotoAndPlay("p1");
}

and

on (release) {
gotoAndPlay("main" "p1");
}

Nothing happens. Any help would be excellent. Also, are there certain versions of flashplayer that this doesn't work with? I have tried 4 and 6. If this is not possible do you have other suggestions. The button really just needs to load a larger photo. It's a photographer's site.

Thanks alot, ;)

Niki

cont:

I found out that this sliding menu uses a script for the buttons:

on (release) {
gotoAndStop("/:" add eval("..:text"));
// THIS goes to the FRAME with the name of the button you just clicked on.
}

This seems to work but only on one button but I am not sure why. Also this movie had 7 scenes and when the button was released it went to a different scene I think. Now to modify this for me is very difficult as I am not great with actionscript.

This post has been edited by nikising: 27 April 2007 - 09:37 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: flash button problems targeting label in main timeline

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: flash button problems targeting label in main timeline

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:10 PM

View Postnikising, on 27 Apr, 2007 - 08:03 AM, said:

Hello there,

I hope someone may be able to help me from this amazing network out there. I am building a site in flash and have a horizontal sliding menu of image buttons. I got the script online for it and to make the menu work, sensitive to the mouse position, the buttons are placed within 3 movie clips and then finally placed on the main timeline.

I would like to target a frame label on the main timeline from the button within three movie clips. Is this possible? P1 is the name of my label.

I have tried:

on (release) {
_root.gotoAndPlay("p1");
}

and

on (release) {
}

and

on (release) {
}

Nothing happens. Any help would be excellent. Also, are there certain versions of flashplayer that this doesn't work with? I have tried 4 and 6. If this is not possible do you have other suggestions. The button really just needs to load a larger photo. It's a photographer's site.

Thanks alot, ;)

Niki

cont:

on (release) {
}

This seems to work but only on one button but I am not sure why. Also this movie had 7 scenes and when the button was released it went to a different scene I think. Now to modify this for me is very difficult as I am not great with actionscript.

you said the frame label is P1, but you wrote ("p1")

i think it's case sensitive.
try
on (release) {
	_root.gotoAndPlay("P1");
}

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 05 May 2007 - 10:04 AM

View PosttheRemix, on 27 Apr, 2007 - 12:10 PM, said:

Hello there,

I have tried:

on (release) {
_root.gotoAndPlay("p1");
}

and

on (release) {
}

and

on (release) {
}

Thanks alot, ;)

Niki

cont:

on (release) {
}

try
on (release) {
	_root.gotoAndPlay("P1");
}

Hi,

Nope it wasn't case sensitive problem. And now I am using :

on (release) {
}

but still have the same problem. Only one of the buttons work and the other five don't. Don't know what to do. Anyone seen this script before or have any suggestions?

Thanks alot,

Niki
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 05 May 2007 - 11:37 AM

View Postnikising, on 5 May, 2007 - 10:04 AM, said:

View PosttheRemix, on 27 Apr, 2007 - 12:10 PM, said:

Hello there,

I have tried:

on (release) {
_root.gotoAndPlay("p1");
}

and

on (release) {
}

and

on (release) {
}

Thanks alot, ;)

Niki

cont:

on (release) {
}

try
on (release) {
	_root.gotoAndPlay("P1");
}

Hi,

Nope it wasn't case sensitive problem. And now I am using :

on (release) {
}

but still have the same problem. Only one of the buttons work and the other five don't. Don't know what to do. Anyone seen this script before or have any suggestions?

Thanks alot,

Niki

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to target a label on the main timeline from within 4 mcs?

Would I use _level0 for example:

on (release) {
_level0.gotoAndStop("one");
}

or is there another way. I mean this doesn't seem to be working. I am really stuck on this if anyone could help I would really owe you one!

Thanks,

Niki
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1