Math Discussion?

Page 1 of 1

14 Replies - 1363 Views - Last Post: 31 March 2012 - 09:24 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Math Discussion?

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:47 PM

Greetings!

Is it possible to have a math discussion on this site? Since that is also one of the elements a coder needs either for his her tech/programmer's position's assessment test or just to solve an equation before he implements it in to the code.

If you know what I mean, and are aware of such discussions on this forums please state the section that I can make a thread and post my solved equations for others to correct or to confirm that what I did is correct.

If there isnt one, than if you guys can tell me which site (aside from the spark notes) carry a discussion of the entire maths (from basic to pros,) please state.

Thanks.

and how the hell did I get a reputation one, I rarely get involved with general discussion or post if necessary. =\

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Math Discussion?

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Math Discussion?

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:50 PM

I would recommend the student campus subforum.

& for future reference, questions about the site do not go into the caffeine lounge. They go under Site Questions & Support. Asking about feedback & posting locations is questions on the site.

** Topic moved **

As for your question on reputation, you received a negative 1 for this post in December of 2011. You can always view your reputation given & received by viewing your profile page.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:00 PM

View Postno2pencil, on 31 March 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

I would recommend the student campus subforum.

& for future reference, questions about the site do not go into the caffeine lounge. They go under Site Questions & Support. Asking about feedback & posting locations is questions on the site.

** Topic moved **

As for your question on reputation, you received a negative 1 for this post in December of 2011. You can always view your reputation given & received by viewing your profile page.

Thank you for moving this thread in to the appropriate section, and I will view the student campus sub section as you suggested.

About my neg 1 for the post. The reason I made that post is because Mr. WulfCoder just wouldnt stop, he had no idea what I was asking and he was telling me something completely irrelevant to the main topic which was "Should I call the recruiter and ask questions about the assessment test because the recruiter from the Game Loft failed to tell me what it is going to be about." I asked that here while I was stressed and scared of calling. I got that neg 1 for just telling him that I will find the answer some place else?

wow, thanks. I clearly see how things work here. =]

This post has been edited by Nitewalkr: 31 March 2012 - 08:02 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:12 PM

View PostNitewalkr, on 31 March 2012 - 11:00 PM, said:

Just as I get a negative for cleaning up your mess of a post. Thus is life.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

View Postno2pencil, on 31 March 2012 - 08:12 PM, said:

View PostNitewalkr, on 31 March 2012 - 11:00 PM, said:

Just as I get a negative for cleaning up your mess of a post. Thus is life.

Why do you care, one person giving you one negative rep or thumbs down wont change the 2762 figure. =P

I hope I didnt scratch your armor.

EDIT: You did not clean the mess, you moved it to the less viewable location. I did not give you the neg 1 rep for that, I gave it to you because you made it sound like I was in the wrong in my previous thread, which I wasnt.

This post has been edited by Nitewalkr: 31 March 2012 - 08:27 PM

Was This Post Helpful? -1
  • +
  • -

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:26 PM

I don't care. I just don't understand what your problem is. You want me to find the member that gave you negative one rep & change their mind?

You posted in the wrong section, I moved it, I answered every question you posted & you give me negative rep?

As a moderation member of this site I expect negative rep from problem members when I have to get correct them from actions they have done. Not when helping someone out that doesn't know wtf they are doing.

If you are going to get pissy because a stranger on the internet disagrees with you, then please don't be a member here. It is a risk you take by choosing to communicate.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:38 PM

View Postno2pencil, on 31 March 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

I don't care. I just don't understand what your problem is. You want me to find the member that gave you negative one rep & change their mind?

You posted in the wrong section, I moved it, I answered every question you posted & you give me negative rep?

As a moderation member of this site I expect negative rep from problem members when I have to get correct them from actions they have done. Not when helping someone out that doesn't know wtf they are doing.

If you are going to get pissy because a stranger on the internet disagrees with you, then please don't be a member here. It is a risk you take by choosing to communicate.

Wow, Good three paragraphs for someone who doesnt care.

Read my last post again. And in all sincereness, I thank you for moving it to the appropriate yet less viewable location. I also thank you for the suggestions. I have nothing against you. However if you can find the person who gave me that negative rep 1 and warn him to do so should you bring yourself to care enough for one member being mistreated, I would also appreciate that. If not, no harm done. I am not a problem member even if you admit that you do not care. Read my last thread again and you will know who was wrong, and if you cant find the person atleast bring my rep to neutral so that people can actually start talking to me because for one, I am no problem member as you can see from the flow of my posts. I barely come here for assistance when I am stuck at something while coding or doing maths (which is the case this time) or even when there is some recruiter who is just being lazy in telling me how the entire process works and I am too scared to ask him questions so I post here to ask people if it is appropriate to ask questions about the recruiting process.

Anyways, thanks for help. And let me assure you that I have nothing against you.

This post has been edited by Nitewalkr: 31 March 2012 - 08:51 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• "Hurry up and wait"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:42 PM

Seriously, you are creating a big deal about reputation. One of our no no's is don't mention rep. There are a few thread on the forum that users minus each other for every answer, they don't complain they just go back and forth -1 each other. Kinda funny.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

View PostNitewalkr, on 31 March 2012 - 11:38 PM, said:

Wow, Good three paragraphs for someone who doesnt care.

Ok, let me rephrase it for you.

I don't care about the number. To me, rep is meaningless. I don't want a plus one because it makes me look good. I don't expect a plus one because I moved your topic.

I care if I help you. I care that you receive the help you need as a member of the site.

You giving me a negative one for helping tells me that you didn't receive the help you need. I can't help you any further. It's beyond me why a member gave you negative rep back in December. It's not like he asked my permission, or discussed it with me before leaving it. Please re-read above where I told you how to find your reputation, & you can see for yourself who left it. If you really need for me to hold your hand in doing so, I'll gladly post screen shots of the two clicks that it will take.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:55 PM

Relax, I have been here 1.5 years and didnt take long enough to prove my point that you are an admin and you should track the person down or remove my negative 1 or reset my reputation, (even if it pissed you off to a certain level,) instead I get to hear you telling me with sarcasm that you dont care (I wonder why you took the job and became an admin if you didnt care.) If your administrative attitude goes as far as "I do not care and leave my forums if you want to be pissy," than I'll do you this very thing.

Thank you for a such friendly talk. =]

Have a good day.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:57 PM

View PostNitewalkr, on 31 March 2012 - 11:55 PM, said:

you are an admin and you should track the person down or remove my negative 1 or reset my reputation, (even if it pissed you off to a certain level,)

I am not responsible to do any of this shit. You're welcome.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

View PostGunnerInc, on 31 March 2012 - 08:42 PM, said:

Seriously, you are creating a big deal about reputation. One of our no no's is don't mention rep. There are a few thread on the forum that users minus each other for every answer, they don't complain they just go back and forth -1 each other. Kinda funny.

Cant you see, its like this red dot telling others that this person is bad? This very fact is seriously ticking me off and on top of that our beloved Admin doesnt seem to give a damn.

Wont this piss you off like you just want to walk out of your room and scream the hell out? I barely get any attention as it is and I barely post and it would really suck if next time I come here looking for some solution or an answer and find out that my rep neg 1 has turned in to 10.

Are you sure you are going to stick with the same statement that time?

I'll calm down, sorry for the entire mess Sir no2Pencil and Sir GunnerInc.

Have a good day.

View Postno2pencil, on 31 March 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

View PostNitewalkr, on 31 March 2012 - 11:55 PM, said:

you are an admin and you should track the person down or remove my negative 1 or reset my reputation, (even if it pissed you off to a certain level,)

I am not responsible to do any of this shit. You're welcome.

Glad to hear that, have fun.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:04 PM

View PostNitewalkr, on 01 April 2012 - 12:00 AM, said:

and on top of that our beloved Admin doesnt seem to give a damn.

We do not have the ability to change positive or negative rep. The only thing that we have access to is if someone is abusing the rep system, we can remove their ability to further post reputation. That isn't giving you a single negative rep, it's when someone is being childish & throwing a tantrum & giving out multiple negative reps when they clearly are not deserving.

This is not the case.

My job as an administrator here is not to make sure you have a sterling reputation. My job is to make sure people behave & that posts are handled correctly & placed where they need to be. Above that, I'm just a programmer/developer asking & answering questions same as you.

View PostNitewalkr, on 31 March 2012 - 11:22 PM, said:

EDIT: You did not clean the mess, you moved it to the less viewable location.

You asked a question about where to post a topic, that's a question about Dream In Code. Thus it belongs under the site Questions & Support.

Do I need to get some crayolas to explain this to you further? Are we not on the same page somehow?

I gave it to you because you made it sound like I was in the wrong in my previous thread, which I wasnt.

How did I make it sound like you were in the wrong? I did not even read your post. The last thing I do here is decide right & wrong in posts. Please take the reputation issue up with the member that gave it to you. The situation doesn't involve me, or Dream In Code administration for that matter.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:18 PM

View Postno2pencil, on 31 March 2012 - 09:04 PM, said:

View PostNitewalkr, on 01 April 2012 - 12:00 AM, said:

and on top of that our beloved Admin doesnt seem to give a damn.

We do not have the ability to change positive or negative rep. The only thing that we have access to is if someone is abusing the rep system. That isn't giving you a single negative rep, it's when someone is being childish & throwing a tantrum & giving out multiple negative reps when they clearly are not deserving.

This is not the case.

My job as an administrator here is not to make sure you have a sterling reputation. My job is to make sure people behave & that posts are handled correctly & placed where they need to be. Above that, I'm just a programmer/developer asking & answering questions same as you.

Understood. Apologies again for the mess and ill behavior. If you still like me to leave the forums I am good with that. I just wont be spamming post or be as active member as a DIC member should be. I'll read the forums like I usually do and if I need to ask a questions relative to the topic, I'll make numbers of posts which is once in a long while.

You dont need to worry about me being pissy, its just something that i saw and ticked me off because it was unfair. If a person does not know what the asked question is about he/she should not reply to it to begin with, and when they are asked that they should stop posting, they should not give the neg 1 rep because it marks you on this forums and people will likely avoid you. Which is kind of unfair in my books. I hope people disregard that red mark and still reply to my post. (I just hope.)

Anyways; Thanks again for your help and moving my thread to an appropriate location.

This post has been edited by Nitewalkr: 31 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:24 PM

Man I have the urge to neg rep a ton of people... but in the words of the immortal Fez - "then I say 'Good Day' to you sir! I said good day!".

Spoiler

Topic closed. If anyone has a question send me the PM.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1