Lord Stanley's Cup

• (2 Pages)
  • +

19 Replies - 2832 Views - Last Post: 14 April 2012 - 07:16 AM

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Lord Stanley's Cup

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

who do you think is going to win the cup this year in NHL hockey?

I am hoping for the Pens but I think that the Rangers might take it.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 2
  • +

Replies To: Lord Stanley's Cup

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Lord Stanley's Cup

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

STOP MAKING THREADS YOU ARE VERY BAD AT IT

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• go sabres

• View blog

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

hopefully in a couple days i can say the sabres. realistically, i doubt i will be able to though.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:37 PM

actually the sabers have a good chance and i hope they get in. You never know.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:41 AM

Senators!!!!! Of course, merely wishful thinking on my part! But love playoff time :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:31 AM

PENGUINS. QUACK QUACK QUACK.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

Well, my Lightning didn't make it this season...but that's what happens when you lose practically half your defense to injuries throughout the year and your 42 year old goaltender suddenly discovers that "OMFG...I'M 42!".

That said, I'm good as long as any team not also called the "Boston Bruins" win the whole thing. I'm still bent about how game 7 of last season's Eastern finals was played without a single penalty call when Boston was pretty much misdemeanoring their way to a Stanley Cup berth the entire time and the Bolts had the hottest power play of the playoffs. Awfully coincidental having the first penalty free playoff game in more than 2 decades...

I like the Rangers to punk the Caps (cause hey, the Caps have choking down to an art form by now), the Panthers to upset the Devils and the Pens will likely get by Philly in 6. I also think the Kings/Hawks and Preds/Wings series will be interesting. If Rinne comes up big in net for Nashville, there's a fair chance Detroit takes an early exit.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#8 Martyr2  Icon User is online

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:06 AM

As Amadeus eluded to earlier, never count out Canadian teams. I would love to see the Canucks win it this year, but without Daniel Sedin and Luongo being unpredictable I just don't know. They will probably go down in second round. I hope they surprise me.

But hey, they are 2nd in the league so who knows. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:33 AM

Well, not to be mean but only 2 of the 7 Canadian teams even made the playoffs. That and with Vancouver figuring out ways to lose in the playoffs and it being nearly 20 years since a Canadian team won, I think even Canadian smart money says it'll likely be an American teams hoisting the Cup again this season.

Ottawa may get past Florida but they won't likely go much further. Vancouver should kick hell out of the Yotes but after that...well...until the Canucks realize that they won't win a Cup with all their scorers being European...they're kind of the upset waiting to happen.

...and it ought to prompt a governmental inquiry into how neither Toronto nor Montreal are representing the Great White North in the playoffs this season. Simply shameful.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• go sabres

• View blog

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:43 AM

Now that the sabres are out, idk who I'm rooting for. There are plenty of teams that I am anti rooting for(boston,philly,pitts,detroit,ottawa,van) but i guess i like underdog teams so i'd like to see florida do well or maybe nashville in the west. Even though my team is done, there still is nothing better than watching playoff hockey. no matter what teams are playing.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

View Postbflosabre91, on 06 April 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

...there still is nothing better than watching playoff hockey. no matter what teams are playing.

Double amen to that. Playoff hockey may as well be a different game.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:27 AM

View PostCraig328, on 06 April 2012 - 12:54 PM, said:

I'm still bent about how game 7 of last season's Eastern finals was played without a single penalty call when Boston was pretty much misdemeanoring their way to a Stanley Cup berth the entire time and the Bolts had the hottest power play of the playoffs. Awfully coincidental having the first penalty free playoff game in more than 2 decades...

I don't know about you but to me it seems the league is purposely trying to have the refs choose who is to win the cup. I know this year there have been more than a fair share of games that I watched where one team was destroying another team and then all of the sudden mysterious penalties started to show up against the winning team. Refs are supposed to be impartial yet they seem to be deciding the outcome of the games as of late.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

Well, all I know is what I recall from last season. That was:

- the NHL's head off officials at the time of the Lightning series with Boston was Colin Campbell who, ironically enough, had a son playing for the Bruins.

- In the entire playoffs last season, Boston was shorthanded 51 times...then next highest was Vancouver with 43. They were, by far, THE most penalized team in the playoffs

- Tampa Bay came into the series with the best power play unit and Boston came in with the worst...and a bad PK unit to boot. Basically, if Boston wasn't playing 5 on 5...they were losing

- In game 6, when Boston could have eliminated them, the Bolts scored three power play goals on only 4 chances and clearly had momentum. In fact, Tampa scored more than half their goals in the playoffs on special teams.

So, with daddy Campbell having already been caught calling refs to complain to them about the penalties being called against his son earlier in the season, with his son's team having blown a game 6 2-0 goal lead with 3 straight Tampa Bay power plays...here comes game 7.

With the momentum clearly on Tampa's side, with Boston players losing their cool at the close of game 6 with penalties that, in any other context would have been suspensions, miracle of miracles for Boston's anemic penalty kill against Tampa's league best power play...we get the very first no penalties playoff game in 21 years. Just over 2000 playoff games since the last time such a thing had happened...and it miraculously happens to the most penalized team in the playoffs.

Oh, and yeah, Campbell suddenly retires 2 whole days after this miracle...the day before the Stanley Cup finals. And literally nobody at the time outside of Tampa fans commented on the curious timing of the resignation, that it followed the first no penalty game in more than 2 decades which heavily favored his son's team.

So yeah, I'm not at all surprised to hear others thinking that the refs in the NHL are way more than objective penalty callers.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#14 Martyr2  Icon User is online

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:00 PM

Only team I don't want to ever win is Philly because those punks are terrible sore losers and cocky winners. I don't know how many times I have watched one of their games and as soon as they start losing they start throwing punches. That team loves to hurt others. Not very sportsman like that team.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:10 PM

I don't so much mind that. Hard hockey is all fine and good. What I don't like about the Flyers (and every other Philly teams for that matter) is their fans.

By far, the most obnoxious, repellent, fans in any sport...and they're proud of it. Anything that makes Philly fan feel bad...I'm all for.

Hell, I'd root for Al Qaeda if they played Philadelphia.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +