• (2 Pages)
  • +

23 Replies - 1891 Views - Last Post: 10 April 2012 - 05:38 AM Rate Topic: -----

• 痛覚残留
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Configuring PHP in Wamp

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:50 AM

er, you need a .htaccess file to do the URL rewriting (or better, to provide the rules for URL rewriting)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:56 AM

advocating the use of .htaccess is a big word...they are just liking to a .htaccess wiki page. and if ou go check it out it tells you something like this.

Disadvantages

Controlling Apache using the main server configuration file httpd.conf[8] is often preferred for security and performance reasons:
Performance loss
For each HTTP request, there are additional file-system accesses for parent directories when using .htaccess, to check for possibly existing .htaccess files in those parent directories which are allowed to hold .htaccess files. It is possible to programatically migrate directives from .htaccess to httpd.conf if this performance loss is a concern.
Security
Allowing individual users to modify the configuration of a server can cause security concerns if not set up properly.

That's why we are trying to give you a better and clean solution.

But still, I'm not saying that is a wrong way to go. You do your own way! :sweatdrop:

This post has been edited by Macjohn: 10 April 2012 - 04:59 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• 痛覚残留
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:00 AM

Controlling Apache using the main server configuration file httpd.conf[8] is often preferred for security and performance reasons

the question is, how often are you allowed to modify this file. on a shared server certainly never.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:04 AM

Umm, I hardly understood anything mentioned in the last two posts, for I know next to nothing about Apache! I am just beginning to learn PHP, that's why I had to install Wamp. Hope I will understand these things once I learn Apache (I am planning to). Please tell me one thing, in order to master Apache (or in general, any server side technology), do I have to be a networking warrior as well, that is, do I have to be a guru or something in stuff like TCP/IP, UDP, and other such protocols, and networking, in general?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:07 AM

In my opinion...if you have some knowledge of network or advanced network that would be good. It helps alot when searching for errors and config and that stuff...but you can find the basics on the net.

This post has been edited by Macjohn: 10 April 2012 - 05:11 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• 痛覚残留
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:09 AM

yepp, it helps (though you certainly do not have to master it).
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:19 AM

Can you remember the task which Zuckerberg set for the Japanese aspirants when they came to apply for a job in Facebook, as shown in the movie The Social Network? Something about gaining root access to a Python root server, expose its SSL encryption, and intercept all traffic over its secure port. Two things, apart from being a genius (I am just guessing, they might not need to be so!), what do they need to know in order to do this? Do they need to be a networking guru to accomplish this? And secondly, those guys did this, so does that mean that the pages that are served to us through HTTPS are not secure?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:35 AM

They call it "hacking"...To do want they "did" you need a lot more then php or level 1 network knowledge!

What they do is find breaches in the system and exploit them to the maximum, but we don't really have that topic here in DIC.

as for

HTTPS are not secure?
I leave you here with something to read!
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:38 AM

Thanks!
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)