1 Replies - 1231 Views - Last Post: 16 April 2012 - 01:33 AM

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Need Opinions on 2 websites! Thanks!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

Hello DIC community,

I am a new web-developer and I have been doing some freelance work. Mostly little fixes here and there. I am starting to get into serious projects on my own ($2000 +). I have some really good ideas for some packaged products to sell, as well as I want to offer my services as a freelance developer. My goal is to build a client base and eventually start a development company / work for myself. I am not sure which approach will be more beneficial though.... Coming out as a freelance developer, or opening a small business and working through a business. So I am trying both. One is me as a developer: a freelance yet professional approach. The other is me working behind the face of a company: company based and strictly professional.

Website one (The Freelance Approach):
eddclarke.com

Website two (The Business Approach):
cybernetmedia.net

Please note that this website is not branded. The name will be changing, I will be having a logo created to match, and main slider images to match.

I'm looking for feed back on the look, feel and use-ability of the websites and/or you opinion on the different approaches.

Thanks in advance for your time :)

This post has been edited by icedd: 14 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Need Opinions on 2 websites! Thanks!

• Pragmatism over Dogma
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Need Opinions on 2 websites! Thanks!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:33 AM

Not a fan of the font choice used in the headers. It's too compacted of a font for my liking. I would try a different choice.

On the first site I would consider adding a 1px bottom border to the gray area, one that is slightly darker. This will give it a tad bit more contrast, because right now that element and the one below it blend way too easily.

The second site you got a bit happy with the CSS3 drop shadow. Remember the point is to be subtle and accent the element, not be outright and noticeable.

The globe image is also very low quality and needs to be replaced.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1