1 Replies - 1611 Views - Last Post: 16 April 2012 - 01:21 AM

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Rate my website (updated)

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:00 PM

I recently changed my site completely from Flash to basic CSS+HTML.

http://www.sagames.ca

Perhaps my former attempt was too flashy, so i gave a much more simpler touch this time.

The purpose of the website is to hold my portfolio of games i'v created over the years.

Currently i have only the "Home" and "Works" page setup so don't be alarmed if other pages arn't up yet.

I appreciate all advice and would like to hear your thoughts how well you think the website it setup and if it suits a programmers portfolio.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Rate my website (updated)

• Pragmatism over Dogma
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Rate my website (updated)

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:21 AM

Keep it more compact, white space is only your friend when used correctly.

Flash? Indeed, it was a good idea to stray from that path. Flash is dying quickly, HTML5/JS/CSS3 are killing it and Apple was the first war cry heard.

I would give your logo more work, it's rather blurry at this point.

As far as the earlier point of being more compact, my eyes don't naturally travel clear across the screen to find a read more button. Take examples from wordpress or other blog type sites.

Remember, clarity. Take someone that doesn't know snuff about design and ask them to navigate the site. What takes them the most time, do they struggle to find things, do they get annoyed, or do they instinctively press 'X' and close it? These are all relevant questions. You have under 2 seconds to get and keep their attention, remember that.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1