5 Replies - 731 Views - Last Post: 10 November 2012 - 02:17 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Hello Everyone

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

Intro: My name is Caleb. I live in Pasadena, CA currently. I want to work overseas, including many years in Japan, if possible. I love to play sports; currently, my favorite one to play is Ultimate Frisbee. I am easily entertained by many different activities, including messing around with many kinds of software on the computer.

Reason for being here: I was referred to this website by a good friend, who said it would be a great place to pursue my vitalized interest in an IT career. I plan to try a number of different server & OS related activities on my laptop. I am totally open to advice and suggestions to what sources would be a good place to start.

Initial plans: First I want to create dual bootable partitions on my laptop, one strictly for server activities, and the other just for [school / mobile gaming / multitasking]. Then, I'd like to start with running the game Minecraft on that server partition. I also plan to install several virtual operating systems into Windows 7, to help buff up my general IT skills. I might try a programming tutorial, if it doesn't bore me to tears. And I'm open to other ideas you guys might suggest.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Hello Everyone

• They don't think it be like it is, but it do
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Hello Everyone

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

Dude, that is the best username ever!
Dream.In.Code is great for everything you mentioned and more - it will be great to see you round!
How is it at Pasadena?
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

Haha, thanks Dimitri. My username started out actually as a fusion of two other names... when I first made a character in Runescape, and its stuck ever since. <3

That is great to here! I look forward to using some awesome tutorials. (I tried a python tutorial inside the ubuntu OS before... but the tutorial was soooo boring. >.< )

Pasadena is great man. Been out here about 3 years now. I really like the community of people I live near. I also love having tons of suuunny days, as compared to Oregon's rainy days.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• ninja DIC
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

'Ello Caleb, and welcome to Dream in Code! Great to have ya mate! :D

Great! Your friend sounds like a pretty amazing, handsome, awesome guy, with a great sense of humour :P

I lead the other languages forums, as well as the Hardware, Software & Support, and Networking and Wireless Forums. Come on over, pester us with questions, and we'd be glad to help you :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:13 PM

View PostGorian, on 19 April 2012 - 06:14 PM, said:

'Ello Caleb, and welcome to Dream in Code! Great to have ya mate! :D

Great! Your friend sounds like a pretty amazing, handsome, awesome guy, with a great sense of humour :P

I lead the other languages forums, as well as the Hardware, Software & Support, and Networking and Wireless Forums. Come on over, pester us with questions, and we'd be glad to help you :)

Hahaha... no comment. :P

Man, I wish you guys had an edit button. I feel like a noob when I post two comments in a row.

Just noticed the bottom part of your post, thought it was a signature at first. >.> Alright, I will DRILL you with questions as best I can. >:) *cough* when I have them *cough*

Edit: Oh, so it automatically puts it into the last comment... sweet. :gunsmilie::D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:17 AM

Hope its not a crime... to 'bump' such an old thread.

Recently, I've learned a bunch of CSS, and some Javascript, as well as brushed back up on my HTML skills. I learned pretty quickly though, that I can't really rush Javascript, heh. I'm hoping to get a job for a local nonprofit organization soon, helping with front end work.

Even more recently, I got tipped off about Linux Mint, and my friend inspired me to dive back into the Linux environment. Needless to say, my laptop is now running Linux Mint, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit... though you sure don't have to get far to find yourself in a world of advanced linux concepts. I definitely like having so much more control and flexibility though! =]

As for back end stuff... I tried out a tiny amount of PHP and Ruby on Rails, but wasn't having much fun, and decided I'll stick to the front end stuff... until/if I have a need and or more desire to go into the server side stuff.

So yeah... suppose I'll have to nose around to the most interesting/helpful forum sections. ;) Feel free to refer me to areas you think I'd find most interesting/beneficial.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1