2 Replies - 1329 Views - Last Post: 27 April 2012 - 05:50 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

registering a domain name

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:32 AM

hi

this seems quite complicated I looking at registering a domain name on a few .co.uk .com ect some domain registering website say that the name is taken some say it's free I've looked on google I can't find the websites however when I type the domain names in to the url I find them however the .co.uk looks like it's not in use and .com is ever down or not in use what should I do one has a number on it should I try and buy the domain name of them and can you explain why some domain registering companies say I can use them?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: registering a domain name

#2 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: registering a domain name

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:34 AM

There shouldn't be any reason for a discrepancy in reporting domain name availability. It's either available for registration or it isn't. Without knowing what websites you were checking on, & what website you were checking for, there is no way for us to validate your situation.

My only suggestion would be to call the customer support of a large domain name registrar. They will be able to register it for you, as well as answer any questions that you have. They'll walk you through the entire process.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: registering a domain name

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:50 AM

I think the website I was looking at was dodge

anyway the name I was looking for was sphere which has been taken but I'm going to try and wait for spheres.com to become available in july as the companies called spheres.net thinking it might have changed it's name do you think I've got much chance?

thanks for your help
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1