9 Replies - 4479 Views - Last Post: 11 May 2012 - 09:50 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Longtion Application Builder.

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

I bought longtion Application Builder about 2 weeks ago and i cant figure out what im doing wrong and or havent done. I have a table called users. i have this table on a form with a dbgrid that looks like a list box. Beside the list box their is a few buttons. Insert, Change, Delete. What im wanting is for the user to select a record and click change and it shows that user information on a form. When i tried to program sql, and or lookup. It always shows the first user. Idk what else to do. I really love longtion and i dont wanna change software. Somebody plzz help! Thnanks.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 1
  • +

Replies To: Longtion Application Builder.

• = -1
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Longtion Application Builder.

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:53 PM

What's the SQL query you're running?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Saucy!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:36 AM

If you bought and paid for software, shouldn't you be contacting this company (which appears to be Chinese...good luck with that!) for support?

http://www.longtion.com/support.htm

It is doubtful anyone here knows this software. I'm guessing you bought into this:

Longtion Application Builder is a tool for designing and developing database applications, Web applications and AutoRun CD Menu without writing any code. And you don't have to be a software programmer to do it.

If it sounds too good to be true...it probably is.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:23 PM

View Poste_i_pi, on 29 April 2012 - 10:53 PM, said:

What's the SQL query you're running?

well its a built in sql. Im new to this so not sure. An example code i have that works fine is select * from users where user code=Param 1 and user password= param 2. Idk if that code example will help you or not. :/

View PostJackOfAllTrades, on 30 April 2012 - 07:36 AM, said:

If you bought and paid for software, shouldn't you be contacting this company (which appears to be Chinese...good luck with that!) for support?

http://www.longtion.com/support.htm

It is doubtful anyone here knows this software. I'm guessing you bought into this:

Longtion Application Builder is a tool for designing and developing database applications, Web applications and AutoRun CD Menu without writing any code. And you don't have to be a software programmer to do it.

If it sounds too good to be true...it probably is.

No, i mean its a good software it is the easiest database application builder i found. it has actions and sql. im Just new to this.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• = -1
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

You're probably better off posting on the Longtion forums, as this seems to be an issue you're having with the software, not a code problem per se.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

View Poste_i_pi, on 30 April 2012 - 04:46 PM, said:

You're probably better off posting on the Longtion forums, as this seems to be an issue you're having with the software, not a code problem per se.

where is the longtion forums? i havent found any forums. Besides support and they never write me back. I think its my error. The program can have sql or actions. Examples are like dataset locate,call object, call object method. I just dont know what to do. I dont wanna give up. because i have a application made just dont know how to program it. :(
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• = -1
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:48 PM

Hmm I was sure I saw them before, but maybe I just saw the autocomplete in Google. Have to tried emailing their support? Does the application come with help files? They would be the places to start.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

View Poste_i_pi, on 30 April 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

Hmm I was sure I saw them before, but maybe I just saw the autocomplete in Google. Have to tried emailing their support? Does the application come with help files? They would be the places to start.

i emailed support and i read all the help files. none of them say anything about linking a db grid with a seperate form. This is the only problem im having. I got sql to do uses setup. i can go into my applicaton and add a new user and i can access it with that user code. I know it has to eather be a sql or actions. Im thinking maybe sql like Select * from Blah blah Where Id and idk what to put after that. Id is my primary Key.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:56 AM

View Postnltaylor93, on 29 April 2012 - 05:41 PM, said:

I bought longtion Application Builder about 2 weeks ago and i cant figure out what im doing wrong and or havent done. I have a table called users. i have this table on a form with a dbgrid that looks like a list box. Beside the list box their is a few buttons. Insert, Change, Delete. What im wanting is for the user to select a record and click change and it shows that user information on a form. When i tried to program sql, and or lookup. It always shows the first user. Idk what else to do. I really love longtion and i dont wanna change software. Somebody plzz help! Thnanks.

You want to se the information on a different form? or one the same form you have the Dbgrid?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:49 AM

View Postnltaylor93, on 30 April 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

View Poste_i_pi, on 30 April 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

i emailed support and i read all the help files. none of them say anything about linking a db grid with a seperate form. This is the only problem im having. I got sql to do uses setup. i can go into my applicaton and add a new user and i can access it with that user code. I know it has to eather be a sql or actions. Im thinking maybe sql like Select * from Blah blah Where Id and idk what to put after that. Id is my primary Key.

There is no simple way to do this. maybe in the next vertion.
I suggest that you define a global variable (example IDVAR) then read the user field into this variable
Dbtable1.getvalue('IDVAR') then on the new form insert a textbox (you can make it invisible) pass the IDVAR to the textbox (example Edit1) Use a DBquery , define a SqlParameter like [Param1]=Edit1
use Sql * from (your table name) where ID = '[Param1]'
You can not use variables on a SQL only parameters and you can not assign variable directly to parameters

Sorry for my English. It is not my native language.
I also love Longtion Application Builder I have been using it for a few months.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1