1 Replies - 2646 Views - Last Post: 30 April 2012 - 08:17 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

onchange event not working in blackberry phone 9700

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:03 AM

Hi all,
I am developing a WAP site.It was required to generate an event on change with input type of file. When the WAP was run on firefox and other browser the on change event is being handled successfully. But no event is being generated when the site is run on blackberry 9700. I tried to alert to check the event. Below is the code:
<input type="file" name="file" onchange="javascript: alert('volvo');" />

One more thing I observed the same line of code with onclick event is working fine. Below is the code with onclick event.

<input type="file" name="file" onclick="javascript: alert('volvo');" />

Can anyone help me with this?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: onchange event not working in blackberry phone 9700

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: onchange event not working in blackberry phone 9700

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:17 AM

If the Blackberry can't handle the event, then there isn't much you can do. You could try to use other events to create a similar effect, if the Blackberry supports those. For instance, the blur event might be of use. It fires when the control loses focus.

Have you tried setting the event through Javascript? It would be odd if it supported the event through Javascript if it doesn't support the HTML onevent attribute, but it's worth a try.

According to this, the Blackberry browser supports the event from versions 4.6 and up. Do you know the version of the browser in your phone?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1