SSD or HDD?

• (2 Pages)
  • +

18 Replies - 4443 Views - Last Post: 08 April 2016 - 12:43 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: SSD or HDD?

Posted 17 February 2016 - 07:41 AM

I would definitely recommend an SSD. It's in my opinion the best upgrade you can do to a computer to speed it up.

I personally use a 128GB SSD and install just the OS and a few programs that I want to run as well as I can, and I remapped the locations to the download, documents, desktop, pictures, music, videos, etc.. to point to an internal HDD. This way if I download something or save something it's automatically being put on the HDD unless I tell it otherwise.

If you want the best bang for your buck and can only afford one drive, just go with a standard HDD. You can always upgrade to an SSD later, as they continue to go down in price.

Good luck! :)
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#17 maceysoftware  Icon User is online

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 February 2016 - 07:59 AM

I will state again, this thread was posted in 2012. if the guy hasn't already bought a hard drive then he most likely never will...

Please don't resurrect posts.
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 April 2016 - 11:05 PM

The SSD has a much more recent history. There was always an infatuation with non-moving storage from the beginning of personal computing, with technologies like bubble memory flashing (pun intended) and dying in the 1970s and '80s. Current flash memory is the logical extension of the same idea
Was This Post Helpful? -1
  • +
  • -

#19 maceysoftware  Icon User is online

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 April 2016 - 12:43 AM

why? why would someone post again. Please stop posting on this thread, it is DEAD the thread started in 2012, it will be 4 years ago in 24 days..

I am sure he has already replaced his hard drive with either a SSD or HDD, either way this was a question not a general discussion.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +