2 Replies - 8418 Views - Last Post: 05 May 2012 - 11:15 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Develop a B2B mobile web application using Microsoft Tag

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:08 AM

Hi, I would like to develop a B2B window mobile application using Microsoft Tag. I am using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 window phone application. May I knw how to snap the generated tag and the product image will be shown? how I save the generated image to the window mobile emulator since there is no photo album.Thank you.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Develop a B2B mobile web application using Microsoft Tag

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Develop a B2B mobile web application using Microsoft Tag

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:23 AM

Have you even tried on your own? We aren't here to give you code. It says that right in that box you typed your question in.

We are happy to help you with specific issues in your code.

For example, showing an image is a VERY basic task. One you would have learned if you had worked your way through any of the C# coding books, tutorials etc.

Have you designed your program? Do you understand anything about classes or handling events.

90% or more of the problems we see here are because rookies don't stop and plan nor block out their code into logical segments.
This article should help you see a way to block out your code by stubbing out the methods and logic, then filling in each method as you research it:
This is the 'Help me with my homework' article you wanted.

You can't just jump into coding by trying to build a program. First you need to learn the language and the underlying concepts.

There are three routes people seem to take when learning programming.
  • Just start trying to create programs
  • Start taking apart other programs and try to figure out the language by reverse engineering
  • Follow a guided learning course (school or self-teaching books)

For the life of me I can't figure out why people try 1 & 2.
Sure, 35 years ago the only way I could learn BASIC as a kid was to type programs from a book into a TRS-80 model 1 or Commodore VIC-20, then figure out the commands and syntax by watching the results as the program ran. There simply wasn't any courses for a kid back then.

But now, you can't help but to trip over "Learn {coding language} in 3 weeks" type books and the entire internet is at your disposal for tutorials.

I strongly suggest taking the guided learning approach. Those book authors go in a certain order for a reason: They know what they're doing and they know the best order to learn the materials.

Where do I start?

You start by learning a coding language FIRST.
Learn to plan before you type.
THEN you start designing software with a purpose.

If this sounds like you

Newbie/Rookie said:

I have a little programming experience but I need to write ...
read this section
Spoiler

Otherwise, you can just jump to the resources here:
Some of the tutorials below are for C# or Java not C, C++, VB.NET [...]. But the conceptual stuff of classes, object oriented design, events etc. are not language specific and should give you enough guidance in theory of program development for you to be able to look-up specific code example in your chosen coding language.

Resources, references and suggestions for new programmers. - Updated Mar 2012
Spoiler

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Saucy!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Develop a B2B mobile web application using Microsoft Tag

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:15 AM

Moved to Windows Mobile forum
Was This Post Helpful? 0