4 Replies - 1278 Views - Last Post: 07 May 2012 - 06:23 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

VB.NET + OCR?

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:59 PM

hELLO! Does any body know is there any free library for image>text recognizing? or anything which can help me with my problem. I need something that will recognize simple text from image. Thanks!
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: VB.NET + OCR?

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: VB.NET + OCR?

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

There's plenty. Just google ".NET OCR"
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:33 PM

View PosttlhIn`toq, on 06 May 2012 - 04:50 PM, said:

There's plenty. Just google ".NET OCR"

Thank you for the reply. I've found only plenty of non-free libraries. I've tried a few of them, but nothing works, because what I'm trying to do is 'mission impossible'. You can see the sample image. Do you have any suggestions?

Attached image(s)

• Attached Image

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:51 AM

Suggestions for what? You showed us a picture of a game screen... or a sporting event screen... I can't tell which.

Are we just supposed to guess at what you're trying to do?

I've tried a few of them, but nothing works,

I have a hard time believing none of those libraries work. They can't all be broken.

Do you mean they don't work for your needs, right out of the box with no other programming on your part? That I would expect. You probably do need to do additionally programming to capture screen grabs, feed them to the library and so on. But without an actual description of your goal and the problems I'm not sure what you're asking of the volunteers here.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:23 PM

View PosttlhIn`toq, on 07 May 2012 - 07:51 AM, said:

Suggestions for what?

I was ask you if you have suggestion for free OCR library
I have a hard time believing none of those libraries work. They can't all be broken.
They are not broken, but maybe they don't work for this kind of picture. They only works when i want to export text from image with white background and black letters.
Do you mean they don't work for your needs, right out of the box with no other programming on your part?

Yes, I don't wont programming anything (if it is not necessary), I want to put the picture, and pull out the text.
You probably do need to do additionally programming to capture screen grabs, feed them to the library and so on. But without an actual description of your goal and the problems I'm not sure what you're asking of the volunteers here.
I want to export text from this sample image. This is my first touch with this kind of technology i don't know how it works, but i can see it works for 'blank text' image. So, the main goal is, how to export text from this sample image. If anyone have experience with something like this, and know how to do this please give me a tip.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1