9 Replies - 1597 Views - Last Post: 22 June 2012 - 11:34 AM

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Help me hack my website (I'm recruiting) !

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:15 AM

Hey guys...I know most of you have opened this thread for the title... you are hackers aren't you?lol but this is not your day..Sorry

This thread "concernes" only the most "rated" people in this website, wich means that if your not over 100 rep points you may not have a chance.
Hope I'm not hurting anybodys feelings... you may be the most expert guy, but as far as I know, I don't know you and probably never seen your posts so I'm just asking some people that I can really trust and that's why I'm leaning to the authors, moderators and experts of DIC (if they don't mind to help me)...

So, here is the thing.

For a few weeks now I've been working on an idea that I had, and I've finally made it to the Alpha test. I'm not telling my idea here 'cus this will only be given to the people that will want to help me in this.

What am I asking you?
I'm asking you to come to the website and "hack" it, find problems and errors and all that stuff, and most important, Test the security, personnel data will be a very important part on my website!

What am I not asking you?
To destroy, databases, tables, and information that you see that it may cause some future problems to me!
If you see you can do any harm on this above you just need to report it!
A problem report page as been created so you can report problems!

Who am I asking this?
To all the people that fell that they can help me and not have fun with my stuff and my ideas.
Priority will be given to Moderators, Admins, Experts, Forum Leaders and Authors!

How many people I need?
I think 5 persones will be enough to test the integrity of my website.

When will this be?
Ok, I can't really give you a date, but I'll put it online so you can test it in 2weeks tops (just want to make sure everything thing is ok before letting you use it), but you'll have 1 week or 2, just in case you're a very busy personne and since you'll be helping me(making me a favor) I'm not going to make you be there that day!So I think letting the alpha online for a week or 2 so the volontiers may be able to test, it's enough time.

What will you "win" or receive?
Let me see....Nothing really, I'm student and my part-time job doesn't pay that good!Sorry!
Economy is bad, and my wallet is even worse!...

So this said, I hope some of you are able to help me with this.

If I'm lucky enough I'll have to chose 5 among you all.
If I'm not lucky I'll have to do it by myself again to make sure everything is ok.

You can post below if you're interested in participate and help me, don't post anything if you really not that interested.

Thanks in advanced for your attention,

Macjohn

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Help me hack my website (I'm recruiting) !

#2 jon.kiparsky  Icon User is online

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Help me hack my website (I'm recruiting) !

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:23 AM

So, let me see:

You want people to do pen testing for free, and you'd rather they didn't exploit anything they find? And because you're paying such a high grade of nothing, you can demand only the finest experts this site has to offer? And because you're such a swell guy, you're going to allow these people a whole week, maybe even two, to do this? And you think that you're going to get such a rush of volunteers for this prestigious position that you'll have to whittle it down to five lucky people?

Does any of this seem strange to you?

This post has been edited by jon.kiparsky: 08 May 2012 - 07:24 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 4
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:38 AM

I'm not calling the the 5 lucky people, and I'm not asking them to not exploit the system, I'm just putting some barriers. why?

Because I want to be able to "trust" them, if I'm asking experts and mentors and blablabla is because they have gained some respect in this community that I admire and I trust there choices and I may be not "confortable" having a new member with out any expirience telling me that we can help and not even being able to do a simple Mysql injection.
And for the all 2 weeks of test is because I can't afford having more time, I'll be using a friends server for this test before buying any domain space and he's not letting me use his server for more time.

And the lucky five can be more or less it depends on how many people will be able/want to help me.

I'm not asking for the finest and pay people nothing...I'm just asking for some help and some time from the people that are willing to help me, not asking that people to spend those 2 weeks testing stuff.

This post has been edited by Macjohn: 08 May 2012 - 07:38 AM

Was This Post Helpful? -2
  • +
  • -

#4 jon.kiparsky  Icon User is online

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:46 AM

The mind boggles...
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

#5 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:01 AM

Moving to 'post a job'.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:10 AM

I promise not to bobby tables your ass. :lol: j/k
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• Pythoneer
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:42 PM

POPULAR

View Postjon.kiparsky, on 08 May 2012 - 10:23 AM, said:

So, let me see:

You want people to do pen testing for free, and you'd rather they didn't exploit anything they find? And because you're paying such a high grade of nothing, you can demand only the finest experts this site has to offer? And because you're such a swell guy, you're going to allow these people a whole week, maybe even two, to do this? And you think that you're going to get such a rush of volunteers for this prestigious position that you'll have to whittle it down to five lucky people?

Does any of this seem strange to you?

If not, I have some apps I want you to build for me. I can't pay you, but surely you realize that this is an opportunity! You'll get to prove how great your skills are, you'll get to help me make money, and you'll get to write REAL software codez! :D

EDIT:
Also... I can hook you up with a Nigerian prince who could really use your help :)

This post has been edited by atraub: 08 May 2012 - 06:59 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 5
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:48 AM

Just because someone doesn't have a large amount of reputation on dreamincode doesn't mean they arent good at ethical hacking
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#9 jon.kiparsky  Icon User is online

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:57 AM

I think the logic goes the other way. He's claiming that someone with rep is likely to be the person he needs. His assumptions make no claims about people with little or no rep.

I assume that red apples are ripe.
This does not mean that I assume green apples are unripe - Granny Smiths are delicious
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:34 AM

View PostMacjohn, on 08 May 2012 - 07:38 AM, said:

I may be not "confortable" having a new member with out any expirience telling me that we can help and not even being able to do a simple Mysql injection.

Sorry for my assumption i just felt thats what i got some this post.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1