4 Replies - 6839 Views - Last Post: 12 May 2012 - 06:12 PM

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Challenge yourself

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:59 PM

I was watching a news program on tv the other day (from England), and they were discussing how you could basically get an ivy league education online for free. I checked this out by going to the MIT website, and they do have complete courses you can follow for free. Looking at the computer science course, I came across their final exam. Thought people might like to try it if they havnt seen it before.
EXAM

Also, there is a robotics course, and their final exam is some ridiculous mathematics and algorithms. If your into this type of thing, you may want to check it out. Warning you though, it looks ridiculously hard.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 4
  • +

Replies To: Challenge yourself

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Challenge yourself

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:12 PM

Dizammm. For a freshman course, that's pure insanity. Granted anything that you haven't studied will be hard, but still, that's a killer exam from only a random portion of what they've studied. MIT OCW is a true Ivy League experience. Udacity or Coursera would never give an exam that hard.

This post has been edited by blackcompe: 12 May 2012 - 03:12 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

Trust me, thats one of the simple exams, lol. This one is for a midterm exam in underactuated robots Exam I think this is one Mac should do, lol. Even their intro to java test is more difficult than anything I ever done at uni!!! A lot of jobs I am applying for ask that you were educated in a Red Brick university, I now see why!! Maybe when I finish going through the courses, I can place on my resume educated at MIT(online), lol.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

Yeah, that's rough, but like I said, it's a different story when your studying the material and not just looking at it. If you're not good at Math, then that might be a bit frightening. Ivy league expects that all (most) its admitted students have been and will study for long hours and be disciplined at it. I bet the average GPA for MIT CS students is less than 3.0.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Ninjaducky
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:12 PM

Controller theory is a huge PITA. The thing with MIT is that they teach mostly fundamentals. In practice, knowing how theory works is not always necessary, though it IS cool. However, that midterm was not too bad if you understand simple physics and controller theory.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1