5 Replies - 1134 Views - Last Post: 24 May 2012 - 01:26 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Exam Season... Any Revision Tips?

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:31 AM

Well guys, it's exam season. And I'm trying to study for a few different modules but the one with utmost importance now is Data Structures and Algorithms... Does anyone have any nice revision tips to stop a wandering mind? :eek:
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Exam Season... Any Revision Tips?

• Cabbage
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Exam Season... Any Revision Tips?

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:26 PM

Eat well and get a proper sleep every night. A bit of exercise helps too.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Born again Pastafarian.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:36 PM

I think it's quite a personal thing, but I like to have my own space when revising. Also, I try not to be too hard on myself. If I want a break, I'll take one, even if I want to play a game for half an hour, I'll do it. In my opinion, that's better than becoming frustrated by forcing yourself to revise too much. In short, I like to be relaxed (as most do). As difficult as it might be, a good idea is to enjoy revising, or at least, try to. You will remember more and revise more. It's the case with almost anything, when you're having fun you're generally more productive for longer periods of time.

Also, the material you use is obviously important. Often, lecturers will give out notes designed for revision, so use them. Maybe this goes without saying though.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:07 AM

I notice I get more focused when I listen to tranquil music whether it's in the genre of classical (some classical, none of that piano smashing stuff, that's distracting) or electronica (aka, tron soundtrack or anything similar). I don't know what kind of learner you are or what time in the day you study. I tend to study in the night partly because I get distracted in the day, but life will get really real for you during this time (most likely). Try studying with some natural lighting. Also, make sure you do have your regular meals, if anything and a little bit of an eye rest. This might help a lot if you get too distracted to either find something else to do for a short period of time... or power nap.

If you start getting a little overwhelmed by information overload, I remember a humanities teacher telling us that as humans we are more focused on the problems in our lives. In order to solve them more accurately we must reset ourselves. To do that, let our eyes wander at something we find pleasant to look at, and just stare in that corner for 5 minutes. Since then I've been doing that, especially since I'm a worrier.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:36 AM

Study hard. Drink plenty of water.

:)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:26 AM

Make sure you sleep well, stay hydrated, for every one and a half or two hours take a 15 minutes break. I personally don't play games or browse the web in that break because I get easily side tracked into mindless clicking for much more than 15 minutes.
First day will be the hardest but it gets easier as long as you persist!
Good luck and may the Force of concentration be with you! ;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1