3 Replies - 1455 Views - Last Post: 21 May 2012 - 08:48 AM Rate Topic: -----

• I'm an @sshole :)

• View blog

SQLite with VS2010

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:23 PM

I'm working on a project that requires limited user set-up of a database. From initial research, SQLite appears to be the best alternative for this. The first place I looked was on DIC, and I found this tutorial. Looked good so I tried it. Unfortunately, when I tried to add the reference to the system.data.sqlite it wasn't there. So I turned to google and found I wasn't the first person with this problem.
My next stop was here. I was able to configure the database in the Server Explorer, but am still not able to add a reference.
I apologize for being long winded, but at this point, I really am hoping that someone with more experience can help shed some light on this for me.
Thank you for taking the time, either way.

This post has been edited by AmbientTech: 18 May 2012 - 07:25 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: SQLite with VS2010

#2 Skydiver  Icon User is online

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: SQLite with VS2010

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:18 AM

Did you check the checkboxes to install to the GAC as described by the author of your second link as he writes in the section below "(30 minutes later)"?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Not Your Ordinary Programmer
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:09 AM

I'm not sure why this was so hard. Simply download this zip file from the SQLite.org web site...

http://www.sqlite.or...x86-3071200.zip

Unzip it, put the .DLL whereever you can get to it. Open the Add Reference dialog in VS2010, Browse, then navigate to the DLL. Simple
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

#4 Skydiver  Icon User is online

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:48 AM

It became hard because the tutorials he linked to both say that you can add a reference to SQLite by finding it under the .Net tab. With your solution, as you said, he would have to browse and navigate to the .DLL.

If you are just going through the learning curve of learning a new language as well as a new environment, you tend to stick to what the tutorial says until you figure out what is going on, and then you branch out. If the tutorial says find it under the .Net tab and it's not there, it can be quite a stumbling block.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1