1 Replies - 298 Views - Last Post: 20 May 2012 - 07:26 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

can some help with java toturial

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:56 AM

Can some one help me with a tutorial on jave application? i want to build a media play that will link to a website for periodic updating. and the application is to play music and other Christian material that we want to be online. you can be able to download the application and have the audio play at a later time offline or online.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: can some help with java toturial

#2 tlhIn`toq  Icon User is online

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: can some help with java toturial

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:26 AM

So in other words,

Can someone design all my logic
Build the application
Then produce a tutorial teaching me how to program and then how to make this program, and explain why it all works.
???

No. In the words of prophet you are doing all this for... "God helps those that help themselves."

You need to make an effort to learn a programming language of your choice and make an effort to develop this application. When you get stuck with specific problems and errors we will be happy to help out.

Or, you can post this is a paying job to build your complete website solution.

There are three routes people seem to take when learning programming.
  • Just start trying to create programs
  • Start taking apart other programs and try to figure out the language by reverse engineering
  • Follow a guided learning course (school or self-teaching books)

For the life of me I can't figure out why people try 1 & 2.
Sure, 35 years ago the only way I could learn BASIC as a kid was to type programs from a book into a TRS-80 model 1 or Commodore VIC-20, then figure out the commands and syntax by watching the results as the program ran. There simply wasn't any courses for a kid back then.

But now, you can't help but to trip over "Learn {coding language} in 3 weeks" type books and the entire internet is at your disposal for tutorials.

I strongly suggest taking the guided learning approach. Those book authors go in a certain order for a reason: They know what they're doing and they know the best order to learn the materials.

Where do I start?

You start by learning a coding language FIRST.
Learn to plan before you type.
THEN you start designing software with a purpose.

If this sounds like you

Newbie/Rookie said:

I have a little programming experience but I need to write ...
read this section
Spoiler

Otherwise, you can just jump to the resources here:
Some of the tutorials below are for C# or Java not C, C++, VB.NET [...]. But the conceptual stuff of classes, object oriented design, events etc. are not language specific and should give you enough guidance in theory of program development for you to be able to look-up specific code example in your chosen coding language.

Resources, references and suggestions for new programmers. - Updated Mar 2012
Spoiler

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1