2 Replies - 368 Views - Last Post: 23 May 2012 - 12:21 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

New Nerd On The Block

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:14 AM

Hello all D.I.C members! I decided recently to get back to one of my favorite hobbies growing up...programming(but we are a bunch of smart people so I am sure you all figured that out -.-

When I was younger we were too broke for decent hardware but I did manage to acquire a sarcasm> surprising <sarcasm abundance of 386, 386 and Pentium 166 computers I would rip apart and try to reassemble. My friend showed me QBasic and my life changed. I studied and programmed every day and became quite good. But as most of us do, I felt there had to be something that could do more. I started researching any language I could and quickly noticed I could also put my graphoc design skills to use as well...needless to say, I was pumped to get started. I started learning HTML, Java, PHP, VB, C#, J#, C++, Python (no particular order and I may have forgot some).

I joined this site as I had not been able to program for quite some time and have now rediscoverd my love for it. I have been working on some small and larger projects in VB (Tried C++ first but soon realized I am much more rusty with that :dontgetit: lol and I have recieved more help from reading the forums and all the amazing advice from all the members than ANY other site I have been to (and I have been to A LOT!).

I do still remember some things so am happy to help with VB as much as I can but I am hear to learn from all of you as well. I look forward to getting to know you all and become a pain in your :censored:'s with all the questions I know I am going to have lol

Long live D.I.C!

PS - I apologize for the excessive use of emoticons but.....COME ON! There are so many and they are hilarious: period : exclamationpoint :bananaman: :baaa:

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: New Nerd On The Block

#2 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: New Nerd On The Block

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:17 AM

Hello sol1dzyne, & welcome to Dream In Code!

Wonderful story about the 386's, & the early days of development :)

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums, & becoming a part of our community! :D :^:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: New Nerd On The Block

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:21 AM

Thanks no2pencil...I kind of miss those days in a way just not the mountains of code and drawing detailed bitmap images for RPG games with numbers or ASCII wrestling (my favorite project)...ah, memories lol. Glad I am part of a knowledgable divrse and helpful community where I may actually be able to learn some good stuff!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1