1 Replies - 1523 Views - Last Post: 25 May 2012 - 06:18 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

parsing error with tables vs <asp:Table />

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:52 AM

I was getting an error that i do not quite understand. I was trying to make a control without making a control i guess. LOL, Do i have to turn all <table>, <tr>, and <td> elements to their asp control equivalent?

Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlTableCellCollection must have items of type 'System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlTableCell'. 'tr' is of type 'System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlTableRow'.

my code is below:
<table id = "table1" runat="server" >
        <tr runat="server" ><td class =  "grouping" style="background-color:gray;" colspan="2">Appearance</td></tr>
        <tr runat="server" ><td><h3>Text</h3></td><td ><asp:TextBox runat="server" id = "textContent" class="attribute" /></td></tr>
        <tr runat="server" ><td><h3>Image</h3></td><td><asp:FileUpload runat="server" ID = "imageContent" name = "fileImage" class="attribute" size="40" /></td></tr>
        <tr runat="server" ><td><h3>Border Style</h3></td><td><asp:DropDownList runat="server" id = "borderContent" class = "attribute" ><asp:ListItem value = "NULL"></asp:ListItem><asp:ListItem value = "0" >False</asp:ListItem><asp:ListItem value = "1">True</asp:ListItem></asp:DropDownList></td></tr>
        <tr runat="server" ><td><h3>Font Family</h3></td><td><asp:Textbox runat="server" id = "fontContent" class="attribute" /></td></tr>
        <tr runat="server" ><td><h3>Font Size</h3></td><td><asp:TextBox runat="server" id = "sizeContent" onchange="numsOnly(this); " class="attribute"/></td></tr>

For some reason, i guess i was thinking that i could make it access the server without it actually being an asp control.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: parsing error with tables vs <asp:Table />

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: parsing error with tables vs <asp:Table />

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:18 AM

Resolution: It didnt like syntax and it didnt like my writing: "</tr"

So, i guess it is from the lack of an angle bracket.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1