Ignore the fact it's on a webege server (it's just my preferred development server*). I would like if you could grade the:
- Cross-Browser Compability
- Client-Side and Server-Side scripting
- Anything else that comes to your mind
I'm aware of some flaws (which will only be present in the development version):
- My CSS isn't minified.
- Some of my images aren't optimized
- Should I minify my HTML?
So if you could spot a flaw or maybe a better day of doing something please point to it.
Some things to note ( aka some things I'm proud of doing ):
- Cross-Browser Compability - I've tried to make it the same for every browser, unfortunately IE stands in the way of fully doing it, so instead of using awesome new CSS3 properties, I did some things with js and jQuery, and well, it doesn't look and feel the same, but better than nothing
NOTE: If you look at my css, you'll see that I haven't used any vendor prefixes but content shows properly, if you're wondering how I achivied that: I used -prefix-free. Basically it's a js library that detects your browser and in accordance to that adds the needed vendor prefixes to the styles, neat huh?
- I used jquery to animate some changes in IE, I had to add a plugin called jquery.color
- If you're wondering how I managed to make that neat 'scrolling menu' (it follows you when you scroll down the page), there's a file called 'scrollingMenu.js' in 'root/js/libs/', look at that and the .fixMenu and the .navMenu styles in the css.
- I used semantic markup as much as I could, I think the markup is quite semantic
- I added a script that will execute if you come in IE telling you that you'll best experience the content with some modern broser
Ignore the fact that the content is in a foreign language
I also plan to add a nice feature: depending on your physical location (via google geolocation api) it will display content in the appropriate language
So if you could please review it thanks. To recap: if you could please leave out the flaws I already mentioned, and give some ideas to add some cool features and improve
Also I was wondering would a walkthrough of this site be of any value? Would it be good for the community if I made it? Would it be good and informative? Could it be of any value?
This post has been edited by RexGrammer: 27 May 2012 - 01:46 PM