4 Replies - 418 Views - Last Post: 30 May 2012 - 11:40 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Introducing Myself here :3

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:59 PM

Hello :3 I'm Jaime, Hispanic, Sophrome right now. I'm only 16. I'm really interested in game programming and web development. Ive been reading books on C++, Java, and Javascript. I'm still new to the coding parts for games . I'm here to learn from other members that have walked the same path for being a game programmer or anything related to that. I'm willing to spend countless hours to learn one topic at a time while working on small projects that can be very helpful for me while learning more about coding. I like many games like Minecraft, Towns, Project Zombiod. Most of the games i like to play or drool over source codes are indie games since they have different things than a regular game from a big company. I'm still learning C++ right now while trying to learn and figure out how to make a simple game while going up ahead to more harder types of projects. Since me and a few friends wanted to form a small game team called Vaceitos, we have some projects laid out that we would like to do and show it to other people that might like or hate it. We have 3 game ideas right now but were only a 4 member group that were all inexperienced at coding for games but we want to achieve on making at least a game that can be good for how it looks like.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Introducing Myself here :3

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Introducing Myself here :3

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:46 AM

Welcome, youngun! :clap:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:00 PM

View PostBenignDesign, on 29 May 2012 - 07:46 AM, said:

Welcome, youngun! :clap:

Thanks :3 , Im here to learn more for C++, and Java. With help from others since im a beginner, One little problem might be my memory since i forget anything xd
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:43 AM

heh. I'm quite a bit older than you, but I forget everything, too. I read somewhere today that consumption of high fructose corn syrup slows the brain cells and prevents retention of information. Between that and the Alzheimer's, I'm done for. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Your Imaginary Friend

• View blog

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:40 PM

With the right experience, 4 men should be more than enough to program a game.
It's not unheard of for game to be made solo from scratch, especially in the 'dollar games' industry (mobile development).

I wouldn't worry about the "look" of the games. That rests on the shoulders of your artists.

Best of luck to you and your friends. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1