Page 1 of 1

Creating a Signature Bar image Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:13 AM

POPULAR

Hello, D.I.C.

Today I'm going to guide you on how to make your own, cool signature bar, which is relevant to you. To start,

create a new document.

Width: 600
Height: 30

Fill you background with your favourite colour(s) based on the subject of your signature bar. Because I love Gears

of War, I'm going to add some colours to look dark... and red! So I did a nice gradient from red to black.

Posted Image

We want to add some classic signature bar text, so get yourself the "Vistor" font, if you don't have it already [download].

Add your text, where ever you would like it. Most would go for the center right, but that's down to your opinion.

Posted Image

Next, we'll get to styling our text. Go ahead and add "Stroke" to your text, at either 1 or 2px. I chose 2 because

of my background colours. If you're using a lighter background, you might want to use 1px.

Posted Image

If you didn't make your text white, then add a colour overlay

Posted Image

Now, we've got two options here, and this is down to preference. We can either use a rounded glaze, a square glaze

or wavey.

Rounded

Grab the Elliptical Marquee Tool (M) and drag a nice area over your image

Posted Image

Next, create a new layer (CTRL + Shift + N). Grab yourself the paint bucket tool (G). Ensure your newly created

layer is selected and you have the white paint selected (Press D then X), then click inside the selected area.

Beautiful. Now set your layers fill-transparency to around 29%

Posted Image

Square

Grab the Rectangular Marquee Tool (M) and select about half the height of your image

Posted Image

Next, create a new layer (CTRL + Shift + N). Grab yourself the paint bucket tool (G). Ensure your newly created

layer is selected and you have the white paint selected (Press D then X), then click inside the selected area.

Now you can either make this look flat by giving the layers fill-transparency a value of about 29%, add a nice

gradient to make it look rounded or change the shape to make it jazzy.

Flat
Posted Image

Rounded

Posted Image

To achieve this, apply the following styles to your newly created layer

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Here are the settings for the Gradient Overlay (please ignore the markers - I print-screened them wrong, but the text is correct)

Posted Image

Wavey

Posted Image

To achieve this, grab yourself the Rectangular Marquee Tool (M) and select about half the height of your image.

Posted Image

Right click inside the area and click "Transform Selection"

Now look towards to the top of Photoshop and click the button shown below

Posted Image

Change the "Warp" option to "Flag"

Right click the selection and click "Scale"

Drag the height of your box so that the top of your selection is above the top of your image - don't worry about

the bottom going off, if it does, just nudge the selection down by pressing the down button on your directional

keys.

Posted Image

Nudge it about and resize it to your liking.

Now paint the layer white and set the transparency to 29%

There's your basic signature bar. You can proceed to experiment with different colours and such, or even jazz it up

with some renders.

Posted Image

PSD here

I hope you found my tutorial useful, and endevour to use information collected here in future projects.

Thank you for reading

~huzi

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 5
  • +

Page 1 of 1