1 Replies - 278 Views - Last Post: 30 May 2012 - 09:53 AM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

why are there components and module in joomla 1.5

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:54 PM

Hi all,

I was working with Drupal last few month and noticed that all the region are dealed with modules. but now I have to work with a joomla project and notice that there are components and modules. Only main difference I notice among them is components can be automatically loaded not like module we dont need to specify regions sice we do this very early.

so my problem is why there is a components(only it is loading automatically)? we can handle everything with modules.
so please clarify some one this..

thx in advance

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: why are there components and module in joomla 1.5

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: why are there components and module in joomla 1.5

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:53 AM

Modules are small, snippet-like pieces of code which can be used on multiple pages in your Joomla site.

Components are larger, complex applications designed to load into their own page within your Joomla site.

Some Joomla add-ons have both a module and a component aspect. For example, I use a calendar module to make the next 15 upcoming events on my calendar appear in a small box on specific pages (ie, the main page, Student Life page, Student Activities page, etc.). Clicking a link inside the module will lead the user to the calendar component which is its own page with the full calendar display.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1