1 Replies - 1653 Views - Last Post: 30 May 2012 - 12:13 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Build Table from MS Outlook

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:03 PM

Hi.

I receive 50-70 work emails everyday in the format of "xxx@xxx.xxx DATE:01/12/2011 NAME:xxx etc etc" which I then have to input into a database in Access, assign registration numbers and then reply to each of them with their respective registration numbers.

I was somehow able to google a macro which I redesigned in order to help me to automatically send out the replies with the registration numbers from Access. I was wondering if there is a solution for me to pick out the data from the email and add to the table. This would save me tons of time!! I can periodically import all the email from Outlook to Access but that would give me the entire message body in one field. So how do I split it? Or is there some other more effective way?

I was not sure which forum to post this into as I'm not sure what I exactly need for this. Any help would be useful to me.

Thanks

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Build Table from MS Outlook

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Build Table from MS Outlook

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:13 PM

Sure.. you use VB.NET and connect to Outlook with the SmtpClient object... then it's a matter of separating parts of a string and inserting them into a data base!

http://msdn.microsof...smtpclient.aspx
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1