14 Replies - 615 Views - Last Post: 31 May 2012 - 01:58 AM

#1 Midi_  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head

Reputation: 9
  • View blog
  • Posts: 109
  • Joined: 22-May 12

New Tech?

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:44 PM

I heard Apple was thinking about making an electric car. And google was talking about glasses that you can surf the net with.

Anyone hear of anything cool coming out?? or concepts?

http://sufiy.blogspo...what-about.html
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: New Tech?

#2 Benzoate  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head


Reputation: 51
  • View blog
  • Posts: 234
  • Joined: 29-February 12

Re: New Tech?

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:49 PM

leap seems pretty cool, also, psp vita's augmented reality seems pretty cool, though I haven't had a chance to play with it
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 Midi_  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head

Reputation: 9
  • View blog
  • Posts: 109
  • Joined: 22-May 12

Re: New Tech?

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:41 PM

View PostBenzoate, on 30 May 2012 - 07:49 PM, said:

leap seems pretty cool, also, psp vita's augmented reality seems pretty cool, though I haven't had a chance to play with it



yeah Vita does seem sick, although im not sure if they missed the boat on it. I feel like were moving more toward motion instead of hand held devices.

Maybe im wrong?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 Benzoate  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head


Reputation: 51
  • View blog
  • Posts: 234
  • Joined: 29-February 12

Re: New Tech?

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

I personally enjoy a handheld system such as the ds generally, I mean don't get me wrong, the wii and ipod and all are fun, but kind of annoying in the car when it is bumpy or something.
Perhaps there are going to be two "markets" to come out of this, one for motion based devices (wii, ipod touch, etc) and the other for augmented reality (vita, I heard 3Ds was supposed to be getting it, and apple tried to put a patent out on augmented reality)
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#5 Midi_  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head

Reputation: 9
  • View blog
  • Posts: 109
  • Joined: 22-May 12

Re: New Tech?

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:58 PM

View PostBenzoate, on 30 May 2012 - 08:48 PM, said:

I personally enjoy a handheld system such as the ds generally, I mean don't get me wrong, the wii and ipod and all are fun, but kind of annoying in the car when it is bumpy or something.
Perhaps there are going to be two "markets" to come out of this, one for motion based devices (wii, ipod touch, etc) and the other for augmented reality (vita, I heard 3Ds was supposed to be getting it, and apple tried to put a patent out on augmented reality)



Yeah i think apple is working on something where you can use your interface by motion only. That would be sweet, touch screen, without touching anything:)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 Benzoate  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head


Reputation: 51
  • View blog
  • Posts: 234
  • Joined: 29-February 12

Re: New Tech?

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:06 PM

Oh, also google project glasses are going to use augmented reality ^~^

I think that would be pretty cool as well, though it sounds a lot like leep/leap whatever it is called... speaking of which, you should go look at that, it is pretty insane, also you can be an app dev. for it if you are accepted.

Anyway, I'm not sure if what you are talking about counts as augmented reality because it sounds like to me that you would have to sit in front of a screen to use it...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#7 Midi_  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head

Reputation: 9
  • View blog
  • Posts: 109
  • Joined: 22-May 12

Re: New Tech?

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:08 PM

View PostBenzoate, on 30 May 2012 - 09:06 PM, said:

Oh, also google project glasses are going to use augmented reality ^~^

I think that would be pretty cool as well, though it sounds a lot like leep/leap whatever it is called... speaking of which, you should go look at that, it is pretty insane, also you can be an app dev. for it if you are accepted.

Anyway, I'm not sure if what you are talking about counts as augmented reality because it sounds like to me that you would have to sit in front of a screen to use it...



yeah it is. I guess well just have to see how it goes haha
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#8 Benzoate  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head


Reputation: 51
  • View blog
  • Posts: 234
  • Joined: 29-February 12

Re: New Tech?

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:11 PM

hmm... I'm intrigued then. I can't wait to see ;D.... anyone heard anything about Windows 8 recently?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#9 modi123_1  Icon User is online

  • Suitor #2
  • member icon



Reputation: 9389
  • View blog
  • Posts: 35,255
  • Joined: 12-June 08

Re: New Tech?

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:02 PM

Quote

anyone heard anything about Windows 8 recently?

You mean outside of running it right now?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#10 Benzoate  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head


Reputation: 51
  • View blog
  • Posts: 234
  • Joined: 29-February 12

Re: New Tech?

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:24 PM

I've seen a beta version of it... in fact you can download it, but I was wondering if anyone heard when it is coming out and I heard a rumour that it can play xbox 360 games... anyone heard conformation on that or not?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#11 supersloth  Icon User is offline

  • serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon


Reputation: 4503
  • View blog
  • Posts: 28,411
  • Joined: 21-March 01

Re: New Tech?

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:27 PM

i heard they are releasing this things that will pick up moving pictures that you can put in your living rooms and will display the news and various other forms of entertainment.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#12 Benzoate  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head


Reputation: 51
  • View blog
  • Posts: 234
  • Joined: 29-February 12

Re: New Tech?

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:42 PM

whoah that sounds pretty awesome!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#13 jon.kiparsky  Icon User is offline

  • Pancakes!
  • member icon


Reputation: 7877
  • View blog
  • Posts: 13,369
  • Joined: 19-March 11

Re: New Tech?

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:45 PM

View Postsupersloth, on 31 May 2012 - 12:27 AM, said:

i heard they are releasing this things that will pick up moving pictures that you can put in your living rooms and will display the news and various other forms of entertainment.



My mom has one.

Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#14 fromTheSprawl  Icon User is offline

  • Monomania
  • member icon

Reputation: 513
  • View blog
  • Posts: 2,056
  • Joined: 28-December 10

Re: New Tech?

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:09 PM

I have yet to see this in real life but I hope one day this becomes real. The technology on the book "Idoru" by William Gibson, where forums are in 3D VR, and people can choose different appearances and see each other and talk to each other, and you can set what the forum room would look like. I wonder what the Lounge would look like with that tech.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#15 strawhat89  Icon User is offline

  • The Watcher Outside Your Window


Reputation: 247
  • View blog
  • Posts: 1,795
  • Joined: 11-July 11

Re: New Tech?

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:58 AM

Like a group of hippos in a lake?
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1