1 Replies - 967 Views - Last Post: 31 May 2012 - 02:26 AM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Course Schedule Advisement

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:45 PM

First of all, I would only like to get a reply from people who have completed at least one semester in college.

So here is my scenario:

I am planning on pursuing pharmacy school. I only have 5 classes left for the pre reqs for pharmcacy school. Those courses are Organic Chem 1,2 , Anatomy and Physiology 1,2 and Micro Biology. At my university, I have to be in a major curriculum to get financial aid so I declared my major as Computer Science. I already have 9 credits in that major.

The reason why I have biology and chemistry in my schedule is because I'm trying to knock out the pre reqs for pharmacy school so they are necessary.

I have choices for my next fall semester as this:

Organic Chem 1
Calculus 1 with Analytical Geometry
Discrete Math
MicroBiology or Information Technology Security
Web Programming II (Web Server Side Programming)

Now, I personally have had, what I thought was a tough semester, but this would be my hardest yet considering Organic Chemistry is thought to be one of the toughest courses in undergraduate college. Do you think I should drop microbiology and pick up something else?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Course Schedule Advisement

• Saucy!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Course Schedule Advisement

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:26 AM

Organic Chemistry is well known for being a tough course (although I honestly didn't find it as difficult as I expected). There's usually a lot of rote memorization involved, which can be taxing. Physical Chem? Now THAT is a bitch, but unless you're a Chemistry major you probably won't be required to take that.

That is a tough schedule. If you can put off Micro, I think I might try to slip in something that might be a little easier to take the pressure off some.

And I think you've made a good choice in Pharmacy school -- a choice I sort of wish I had made after getting my degree in Chem/Biochem. It's not looking like you can outsource your friendly neighborhood pharmacist to some backwater country for pennies on the dollar.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1