3 Replies - 760 Views - Last Post: 04 June 2012 - 03:42 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Javascript Code behind link

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:00 AM

If we know the link of any javascript, how do i get the code behind any javascript like this

i want to know the javascript code of this link, this chrome extension...

<link removed>

This post has been edited by Atli: 04 June 2012 - 01:36 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Javascript Code behind link

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Javascript Code behind link

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:37 AM

Well, that link points to a Userscript that you can save by right clicking and choosing "Save link as".

The Userscript appears to simply load an external script file when on certain Facebook pages. That script file is heavily obfuscated so I can't really be sure what it does exactly. From what I can tell by it's name, it's something to do with disabling the new Timeline feature?

In any case, it seems the creators of this Userscript don't want you to be able to look at the actual code. They've gone out of their way to prevent it. - That, in itself, should be a red flag. You can't tell what their doing, so they may well be up to no good. (Facebook credentials are often a target of petty thieves, so they can sell it to spammers.)

Actually, come to think about it, I'm removing that link just in case. Nobody will be able to tell you any more about this anyways.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:21 AM

View PostAtli, on 04 June 2012 - 01:37 AM, said:

Well, that link points to a Userscript that you can save by right clicking and choosing "Save link as".

The Userscript appears to simply load an external script file when on certain Facebook pages. That script file is heavily obfuscated so I can't really be sure what it does exactly. From what I can tell by it's name, it's something to do with disabling the new Timeline feature?

In any case, it seems the creators of this Userscript don't want you to be able to look at the actual code. They've gone out of their way to prevent it. - That, in itself, should be a red flag. You can't tell what their doing, so they may well be up to no good. (Facebook credentials are often a target of petty thieves, so they can sell it to spammers.)

Actually, come to think about it, I'm removing that link just in case. Nobody will be able to tell you any more about this anyways.

Yeah its about facebook timeline But i want to know the actual code behind this script! is there any way to get the code of that script?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:42 AM

Like I say, it's heavily obfuscated, so you won't be able to get it back the same way it was written by the original developer. There is always a chance you can reverse engineer it, but it will still never be as clear as it was before it was obfuscated.

And then there is the question of whether you should reverse engineer it. They obviously don't want you to be able to read the code, and they have every right to not want you to do so.

Why do you need to read this code so badly anyways?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1