2 Replies - 1746 Views - Last Post: 04 June 2012 - 03:18 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

popup transparent submit form

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:52 AM

Does any one know where i can find any tutorial or learn about creating popup transparent submit form?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: popup transparent submit form

#2 Atli  Icon User is online

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: popup transparent submit form

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:25 AM

You're going to have to explain that on a bit better. What exactly do you mean by "popup transparent submit form"?

I can explain how to do each part of that sentence, but I get the feeling you're talking about something specific that this doesn't exactly cover.

#1: Popup.
To emulate a "popup" with HTML and CSS, create a HTML element that is positioned as you want it to appear when "popped up". Then initialize it with the CSS style: display: none;. Once you are ready to show it, flip that value to display: block. When you want it hidden again, flip it back to display: none;.

#2: Transparent
You can make an entire element transparent with the opacity: 0.5; style, where 0.5 is a float between 0.0 (transparent) and 1.0 (opaque). - Note that some versions of IE require some... handling when it comes to transparency. (Google that one. It's been talked about a lot, and I hate thinking about IE's shortcomings.)

You can also make just some part of an element transparent by using the rgba() color format. For instance, if you just want to make the background of an element transparent, you would do: background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.5), which would make it white and 50% transparent. (Note that this is NOT supported in IE8 and lower.)

#3: Submit form
Well, I trust I don't have to explain that one.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: popup transparent submit form

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:18 AM

Hi

Yes i guess what explained is something like what I am looking for. To be more specific, I have a datagrid generated by javascript dynamically , I want to be able to load the specific row fields into a poped up window or div or what ever that can be poped up, in a form and allow the user to edit or delete the content and submit the form and on submit the poped up whatever will be displayed :none as you mentioned earlier.

I suppose that I have to put my form in a div and set the display to none on page load and then set it to block on row click. about the on page load function, I am not quite familiar with it. but i can learn it on w3schools.com. about the method and attribute i guess I wont have problem with.

My the biggest problem is that I don't have any ideas about how to do it in a right way. So if you may please write me step by stem and the commands that I have to use, to do the job. You no need to be very detail.

Thanks
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1