• (4 Pages)
  • +

49 Replies - 5123 Views - Last Post: 12 June 2012 - 06:12 AM

• The Noid
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: E3 2012

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:21 AM

I would be really interested to see that as an integrated part of gaming. Imagine being able to modify load-outs and manage inventory from a tablet, precluding the need to pull up the inventory menu on-screen. Certain interface tasks could be sent to the device as well (entering passcodes, etc). Could be really cool.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:39 AM

you basically described nintendo's wii-u demo from last year.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Caffeine: db "Never Enough!"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:51 AM

Really looking forward to Farcry 3, downloading the demo now.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#19 BetaWar  Icon User is online

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:04 AM

In the middle of watching Nintendo's conference, and it looks like they are trying to mature things a bit. Too bad they are behind. They are bringing Arcam City "Armored Edition", Mass Effect 3, and a few others to the Wii U. They are also bringing some additional IP to the console in the form of ZombiU (by Ubisoft, not sure I like the looks of it). They will have a new 2-D Mario, and a new Pikmin game for WiiU as well.

In the 3DS side of things they are bringing another new 2-D Mario game, Luigi's Mansion 2, Paper Mario Sticker Star, and a lot of other games. Personally, I am most excited about the 2-D Mario game and Luigi's Mansion 2 (I have good memories of the first one for the GameCube). It may be enough to make me go out and buy a 3DS... Maybe.

Other than that they basically said what all the other companies have said - trying to bring more social and entertainment aspects to their console and make it even better.

One thing I found interesting was that WiiU will work with two (2) gamepads (I believe they are talking 2 of the touchscreen controllers here, and not two different control types). Which really is a bit annoying, unless they are going to limit games to 2-player, at which point they have shot themselves in the head. From the sounds of it, the console will also work with the Wiimotes - for better or for worse is yet to be seen.

At the moment the live stream is down (sadly), but I am unsure if much more will be announced. I was really looking forward to some new Zelda game (and I mean new, not a rehash), but they have yet to announce one (probably will be the last thing they do if there is one).

Also found it interesting that they are having a second conference (not in E3 from what I can tell) tomorrow to go over the 3DS line-up and what they are doing with it.

<edit>
AND They just announced Luigi's Ghost Mansion for the WiiU...
</edit>
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• XNArchitect
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:08 AM

The live feed went down on some sites, but has been going fine on here.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• XNArchitect
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:31 AM

Am I the only one that is disappointed in the fact that the majority of the time at these presentations was spent showing how new technology is going to enhance the gaming experience rather than showing how games are going to become better overall without needing gimmicks to draw people in? What ever happened to the days when development teams spent more time on the story and character development then they did the flashy explosions? It seems to me that most games nowadays are nothing more than eye candy where the developers spend so much of their budget on graphics that they don't have enough left over to make a game with a story that lasts more than 10-15 hours.

Or am I just a bitter jerk that longs for the old school days of gaming?

This post has been edited by Kilorn: 05 June 2012 - 10:34 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:54 AM

View PostfromTheSprawl, on 04 June 2012 - 10:09 PM, said:

The basics were revealed: Halo 4, Assassins Creed 3, Gears of War 4, God of War (whatever one is next), Far Cry 3, etc.

Meh, meh, meh, meh, meh. Expected. The reason why the gaming industry is going stale because of these <game title> <part #>. I hope new IPs surface.

I second this, but you and I and other people who expect the gaming industry to come up with something new are obviously stupid. Some people from the games industry and on this forum would have you believe that the games industry is, in fact, NOT stagnating, because they continue to push out Shit Title #4: Cash Grab Edition. They're going with "what sells."

This same person doesn't appear to understand the power that marketing has on humans. Trying to explain to them that people buy what they are told to buy is like trying to teach my dog to grow wings.

For the record, E3, G4, PAX, etc are all chances for the marketing teams for big name games to give us a hands-on sneak peek at Shit Title #5: We Want More Money So Here's This Game You've Already Played. If you expect to see something new and innovative at these shows, 9 times out of 10, you will be disappointed. If you're lucky enough to be able to pay the high price of admission and GO to one of these marketing carnivals, then at least you'll go home disappointed with your "Shit Title #6: Jet Plane Made of Solid Gold" tee-shirt.

This post has been edited by Celerian: 05 June 2012 - 10:55 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:07 AM

"nintendo: hey, would you like to buy an xbox 360 seven years later with a bullshit controller that no one but us will ever use as anything but a gimmick? it has mario on it!"
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• Monomania
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:27 PM

View Postsupersloth, on 05 June 2012 - 03:39 PM, said:

you basically described nintendo's wii-u demo from last year.

Well, before that there was the DS...

I'm tired of games for Nintendo having the hardware at the end of the title This 3D now ZombiU if I was a CEO I'd fire the people responsible for their laziness. Come on, title sells games too.

By the way, watched the gameplay demo of "The Last of Us". Wow, the graphics! The gameplay looks like a mix of Splinter Cell + Resident Evil 4 + Ico(in that you have a companion). Well, we will see how this one plays out.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

I really was expecting more out of nintendo. I was expecting a big comeback for them to get back into the game. Too bad it was horrible, as usual.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:45 PM

Yea, no one really stood out that much this year.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Watcher Outside Your Window

• View blog

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:45 AM

Is that the latest version of Rock Band ?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Monomania
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:16 AM

Nah, I think that link is from some SEO person or some band promoter. Hey, you could have used your sig. I expect someone to get hammered...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Watcher Outside Your Window

• View blog

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:52 AM

That was a joke :) And what was that about a sig?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Monomania
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:21 AM

:sweatdrop:

Anyway, well I was suggesting he could place that link on his signature, so it wasn't that offending. Oh, you don't have one too. Used to have one, then I don't know what happened to it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (4 Pages)
  • +