2 Replies - 1009 Views - Last Post: 07 June 2012 - 09:47 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Javascript Conflict Causing Problems

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:31 AM

I am using EISlider and jpageflipper on the same page which is causing problems. I don't know why the two can't coexist on the same page. EISlider's navigation bar is now smaller than normal and it doesn't function. The area to flip the page for jpageflipper is no longer connected to where the pages are being shown. I'm assuming there are variable names that are being shared but I honestly am not that great with javascript. Hopefully someone can help me out. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here is the current implementation: http://ryankampmeier...jayohjr-layout/

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Javascript Conflict Causing Problems

• Enhance Your Calm
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Javascript Conflict Causing Problems

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:51 AM

It looks like you're importing two different versions of jQuery, one for each of those jQuery plugins you're using. The problem with that is that the first version will be overridden by the second version, so the first plugin won't be available once the ready events fire.

I suggest you try to get both plugins working with one of the jQuery versions, preferably the one with the larger version number. See if that works. If not, you'll have to take steps to make sure you're using the correct version when you try to access the plugins.

But, to begin with, I'd try just removing (or commenting out, if you want to be able to reverse this quickly) line #28 on that page. That's the one that loads the second version of jQuery. At that point there is already a version of jQuery loaded, so hopefully the pageflipper pluging will work with that one, and won't require you to downgrade.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Javascript Conflict Causing Problems

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:47 AM

Thanks a lot Atli. I commented out the required javascript for jpageflipper and that solved it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1