3 Replies - 3507 Views - Last Post: 10 June 2012 - 10:51 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Creating a Website

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:23 PM

Hey ,

basically i want to create a website to support the business i am starting up. but instead of paying some1 to create the website i would like to create it myself but just don't know where to start or begin really. i have heard of many programming languages to create websites in such as HTML ,CSS , ASP ect. also application to create the website such as flash and dreamweaver . any1 can help in explaining how i would get started.

thanks
mo

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Creating a Website

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Creating a Website

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:36 PM

If you don't care too much how to do it besides plunking in information - get a 'content management system'.. (CMS). Drupal, Joomla, Wordpress... after you buy your webhosting follow which ever one you want for install instructions.. pick a theme.. apply it.. add text as needed. voila!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:44 PM

Do you want anything to be dynamic? Or, are you just wanting static content? If the latter, you'll only need to learn HTML and CSS which should be simple enough. I find w3schools really helpful for learning.

modi123_1 also suggested something really good. Just getting a CMS, would make things much simpler.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• 痛覚残留
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:51 PM

IMHO, unless you’re proficient in design, let a professional do it. for a private homepage it may not matter, but a website that is supposed to support your business, a beginner’s website attempts may scare customers off.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1