• Last »

69 Replies - 5544 Views - Last Post: 27 June 2012 - 02:24 PM

• The Sum over All Paths
  • member icon

• View blog

Prometheus (Spoilers Welcome)

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:15 PM

I'm surprised there isn't already a thread for this =P

So who else has had the opportunity to go see this movie? Personally, I thought it was great. I'm a huge fan of the Alien movies (well, mostly just Alien and Aliens), but I went into the theater not expecting to see xenomorphes crawling everywhere. While the film stands perfectly on it's own, I was very happy as a fan of the franchise. Being able to see how it all started (well, sorta. I still think there are plenty of questions worth asking) was great, and the last scene was pretty epic.

So what did you guys and gals think? Did any one of you not enjoy it? Anything you would like to have seen done differently?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Prometheus (Spoilers Welcome)

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Prometheus (Spoilers Welcome)

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:34 AM

This movie was a big fuck you to the audience. I should have stopped it about thirty minutes into it and refunded my money.

A few things off the top of my head:
Spoiler

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:15 AM

Prometheus is definitely a disappointment. The plot and acting weren't good and is rather very cliche throughout the movie. But the one thing I enjoy is the special effects of the giant squid :whistling:
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• The Sum over All Paths
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:18 AM

The lack of character development didn't bother me, as I didn't really care about that aspect of the film to be honest. I was interested in the story, and how that story can tie into what I already know about the universe in which this film takes place. I didn't find the religious aspect over-bearing at all. I think the point was not to answer all of the questions for us, but let us think for ourselves a little.

If you read over the title of this thread, modi, you'll noticed that I stated "Spoilers Welcome". With that said, it's a little redundant to then put spoiler tags in my posts. Feel free to put them in yours, i'm not going to tell you how write your posts. But i'll keep them out of mine, Thanks.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Sum over All Paths
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:01 AM

View Postleontd, on 10 June 2012 - 10:15 AM, said:

Prometheus is definitely a disappointment. The plot and acting weren't good and is rather very cliche throughout the movie. But the one thing I enjoy is the special effects of the giant squid :whistling:

The special effects were astounding. I didn't think the acting was poor, but there really wasn't much character development. I didn't find myself really caring when one character or another was killed, as none of them really made an impact on me. Except for maybe the android, David. I think that role was played well.

As I said though, I was more interested in the story and how it related to some questions the movie Alien brought up. I'll retract my statement that the movie stood "perfectly" on its own in favor of "it could stand well on its own". Whether it does or not, I believe depends on what the person was expecting to see. I think everyone can agree that the special effects were amazing. I enjoyed the plot, but it's understandable how others would not. I was somewhat impartial to the acting, as it wasn't bad enough to annoy me but certainly wasn't anything Emmy worthy, either.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:02 PM

View Postalias120, on 10 June 2012 - 07:18 AM, said:

I didn't find the religious aspect over-bearing at all. I think the point was not to answer all of the questions for us, but let us think for ourselves a little.

I laughed pretty hard at this part.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Sum over All Paths
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:33 PM

View PostChoscura, on 10 June 2012 - 03:02 PM, said:

View Postalias120, on 10 June 2012 - 07:18 AM, said:

I didn't find the religious aspect over-bearing at all. I think the point was not to answer all of the questions for us, but let us think for ourselves a little.

I laughed pretty hard at this part.

I take it you've seen the movie? Everyone is going to interpret it differently, I personally did not find the movie to be overly religious. But, we live in a world inhabited by many people who believe in some form of deity. When you explore the foundations of existence, I believe it makes sense to at least show people struggling with their beliefs.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Isn't a volcano just an angry hill?
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:47 PM

This ought to be fun
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#9 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:55 PM

Sure.. but there's a more elegant way of doing so instead of a 2x4 with nail in it.

drunk alien fodder scientist: maaaaaaaan.. i am disappointed about not finding live engineers AND wasted.. i'm disawasited! Look at me! I am hitting my balls off a spent champagne bottle!
robot: why does it matter? By the way, ignore the parasite-ruffielata I am making you.
DAFS: because I want to know why they did it!
robot: you'all made me - why did you do it?
DAFS: because we could broseph!
robot: now you know my disappointment!
DAFS: shuddaup gay-bot! You can't emote! Now give me that drink! Nobody likes me, everybody hates me, I guess I'll go eat worms! *slurp*
robot: lullz.

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Death Scythe
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:28 PM

The movie Prometheus inspired me to make a science fiction or fantasy novel. I just like how those tall aliens look.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Sum over All Paths
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:37 PM

See, if I hadn't put that 2x4 there all this thread would be are spoiler tags. Instead, we can talk freely.

Yeah, his character was kind of annoying. I'm not sure why they decided to make him such an adolescent. Probably so the audience didn't feel so bad when he died. I don't think the audience would have cared either way though, as we've already mentioned that the character development was less than stellar.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#12 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:38 PM

See, if I hadn't put that 2x4 there all this thread would be are spoiler tags. Instead, we can talk freely.

Are you quoting the movie's script, because that didn't make sense.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Sum over All Paths
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:09 PM

I just used your own analogy to point out that by putting a blanket policy on this thread (with respect to the level of content that people could reveal when discussing the movie), there is no need to put a spoiler tag on every post that might be too revealing. I don't think this should be an issue, as it was the way I intended the thread to be and it is not violating any forum policy. You might disagree with it, and that's fine. You can PM me if you really want to continue debating the issue of spoiler tags.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#14 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:19 PM

Who the hell is debating spoiler tags?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Sum over All Paths
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

Well, all this time I thought you and I were debating the use of spoiler tags. Wow, that's awkward. Now most of what you said makes sense, which is a relief since I thought you were harping on spoiler tags this whole time.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »