• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

50 Replies - 5859 Views - Last Post: 29 June 2012 - 10:23 PM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: Anyone else play MMORPG's?

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:20 AM

In that case, what is Project Titan like?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• XNArchitect
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:24 AM

Still in development... This is Blizzard we're talking about.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:49 AM

I had a try on Tera.
And MAN what a battle system, I mean you even have to dedicate attention when playing a healing/supporting class.
There sure are still many flaws, but the potential I see in there is really huge.
Unfortunately, it adapted the most overused, generic and tedious quest system, you sure know what I'm talking about.

I would be still playing it, if I could at least enjoy the beautiful graphics, but I have to play on preset 0 (out of 0-6, 6 being highest details) for the game to be really fluent. Going to change that as soon as I have the money.
Or If a friend of mine who I started playing with, had the time right now, so I'll definitely pick it up again. Playing it with a friend is so much fun just because of the true action combat, as they call it. You can basically evade anything, no matter if pve or pvp, even the few lock-on skills can be evaded with practice/experience/timing.
I'm playing a priest, he chose a slayer, high melee damage dealing class. When we go against BAMs (actual term there, Big Ass Monsters) it sometimes really takes full concentration to keep him alive, but it's actually fun because you can't just stand around and press hotkeys when the lifebar goes down, the heals have range, radius, others are lock-on so you have to aim at the actual player you want to heal, thus you are forced to always take your positioning within the group into consideration, while keeping watch over your mana which can deplete rapidly, depending on your groups performance ;)
Haha don't get me wrong, I'm not saying being a decent supporter there makes you "pro" :D just wanted to point out it's a bit different from most games.

Aggro is also a fun thing in that game, it doesn't just only stick with one certain tanky class aggro generating player all the time, some foes just like to switch it around, which is intended so players have to keep their movement going.

Also I'm probably going to give Guild Wars 2 a go. Havn't played the first one. But since that game is a one-time payment, my friends and I agreed to at least buy it some time and at least occsionally play around with it when we feel like it. Depending on how fun it turns out, we might be getting fairly active there.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:18 AM

Played Runescape for a long time then quit when I got to my junior year of highschool. Now I am currently playing a text based game callled Ruins of Chaos. I own a major alliance. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• using Caffeine;
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:37 AM

Occaisonally play Shaiya, when I'm completely bored which doesn't happen often any more. I wouldn't call it an MMORPG, more of an MMORTS, but I do play Evony.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:23 PM

i played RS for over 5 years as a teenager. i got to lvl 111 and then my account was banned haha. i was like an OG there. i started playing when iron was the best metal hahaha. RS 3d kinda turned me off, i like the old school 2d. too bad it's canked
played tibia for a bit after my RS account was banned, couldn't really get into it. went into other games like Diablo2 and some shooters, etc etc. i just renewed my WoW subscription after being absent for close to a year.

This post has been edited by totgeburt: 29 June 2012 - 10:24 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First