4 Replies - 6788 Views - Last Post: 12 June 2012 - 03:32 PM Rate Topic: -----

• Changed Man With Different Priorities
  • member icon

• View blog

libcurl and libsasl.dll Dependency + Using Make files on Windows

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:05 AM

Hey guys, I have two questions.

• Been trying to use libcurl for the longest while and I've managed to sort out the libraries and so forth to actually get the program to compile. The only thing is finding libsasl.dll. The error said that it isn't located on my computer so the program could not start. Been searching for a way to get this file but to no avail. Can anyone provide a source to this file or a guide/tutorial showing me how to I guess create it?
  • My next question is about make files on Windows. Is it possible to use them on Windows or it's strictly a UNIX thing? I've always strayed away from making libraries because I have no idea how it's done. As you can tell I'm not verse in C++ so any help is appreciated.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: libcurl and libsasl.dll Dependency + Using Make files on Windows

• Saucy!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: libcurl and libsasl.dll Dependency + Using Make files on Windows

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:51 AM

UNIX-type Makefiles are supported under Windows through something like Cygwin mingw32 or MSYS, I believe.

Does libcurl have an actual dependency on libsasl? Did you compile libcurl from source? Is libsasl.dll perhaps part of the OpenSSL for Windows package?

I'm not going to be a big help, as I've done my cURL dev in Linux/UNIX/OS X.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:35 AM

There is also a make utility called nmake that comes with Visual Studio. I don't know all the differences between GNU make and nmake but I believe the syntax and basic operations are the same.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:44 AM

@JackOfAllTrades It came compiled already and I found out that cURL uses OpenLDAP. At least the compiled version I've got. Lo and behold I checked out OpenLDAP for Windows which was a MSI file so I extracted the contents and found libsasl.dll. Haven't tried it yet but it's progress.

@GWatt I just installed Windows SDK and nmake's in there. If I can't get the dependency files together then I'll try to build it myself.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:32 PM

So the libsasl.dll file works. If anyone else gets a error saying that DLL is missing then you can get it here -> OpenLDAP for Windows. Open the MSI file with 7-Zip or whichever file archiver you wish and you'll see the DLL files right there. Extract them to your system32 folder and that should do it.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1