4 Replies - 8052 Views - Last Post: 13 June 2012 - 09:43 AM Rate Topic: -----

#1 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

[link] So You Want to Accept Credit Cards Online?

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:11 AM

http://net.tutsplus....t-cards-online/

A pretty damn helpful break down of how this company Stripe works, and some convincing arguments on why switching to them (versus a merchant account) is a good idea.

If anyone has used stripe let me know.. I am curious how it turns out. Stripe's business model is:

2.9% + 30 cents per successful charge. No setup fees, no monthly fees, no card storage fees, no hidden costs: you only get charged when you earn money.

From the article:

The only drawback is that Stripe is currently unavailable outside of the United States. (Note: Stripe DOES accept credit cards from overseas; itís just that you canít sign up for a Stripe account outside of the U.S.) Theyíre working on expanding to other countries.

The rest of this tutorial will detail how to implement Stripe on your website with PHP and Javascript (jQuery). The service also has APIs for Ruby, Python, Java and other platforms. Although it might look like thereís a lot of work ahead, there really isnít; youíll be up and running in no time.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: [link] So You Want to Accept Credit Cards Online?

#2 tlhIn`toq  Icon User is online

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: [link] So You Want to Accept Credit Cards Online?

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:24 AM

I'm pretty sure Intuit offers the same/similar type thing for 2.75% and no .30 per transaction fee. They have a web based portal, website API, iPhone app and iPhone card reader

If you don't properly qualify the transaction (AVS etc) then the transaction could be downgraded to a slightly higher fee but that's the case with any processor.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

Interesting.. I was considering things like paypal and the benefit of Stripe would be to have more complete integration to one's site and not jump to theirs.

So Intuit does website integration? Hmm... I'll have to check it out.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 tlhIn`toq  Icon User is online

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:39 AM

As I said "pretty sure".

I don't use the integration: I just do manual credit card processing once in a while on a per-invoice basis. At some point I'll have some actual pre-packed software products that will sell themselves and I'll have to look into this as well.

<HINT> Maybe if you do integrate this into your site you could do a tutorial on how you accomplished it; for the rest of us.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:43 AM

Hahaha.. yeah yeah.. work uses a third party service call for our payments, but for the average joe.. we'll see. That'll be a few tutorials down the list.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1