3 Replies - 10261 Views - Last Post: 15 June 2012 - 04:15 AM Rate Topic: -----

• Coding Dynamo
  • member icon

• View blog

[Link] Internet Explorer Testing Center

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:15 AM

So it seems that IE 10 will be the browser of today.

According to the Internet Explorer Testing Center of 7573 tests, IE 10 implements the most of the new web standards. (HTML5, CSS3, SVG 1.1 2nd Edition, ...)

Internet Explorer Testing Center
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: [Link] Internet Explorer Testing Center

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: [Link] Internet Explorer Testing Center

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:42 AM

Holy crap, this excites me muchly :D :D :D :D :D :D Does this mean no more workarounds for IE? D:

LIFE['STRESS'] -= IE;

This post has been edited by mccabec123: 15 June 2012 - 04:12 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Coding Dynamo
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:16 AM

No it doesn't mean that, unfortunately. Since IE 10 Release Preview is only available on Windows 8 Release Preview, it will take quite some time for people to switch from their previous versions of IE to IE 10.

According to some studies it is safe to develop websites that support IE7+. Since it has taken people so much time to fully leave IE6 behind, I guess it will take at least a year before a decent amount of people switch to IE 10.

So no it doesn't mean 'no workarounds for IE', but it means 'no workarounds for IE in some future'.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:15 AM

View PostRexGrammer, on 15 June 2012 - 03:16 AM, said:

No it doesn't mean that, unfortunately. Since IE 10 Release Preview is only available on Windows 8 Release Preview, it will take quite some time for people to switch from their previous versions of IE to IE 10.

According to some studies it is safe to develop websites that support IE7+. Since it has taken people so much time to fully leave IE6 behind, I guess it will take at least a year before a decent amount of people switch to IE 10.

So no it doesn't mean 'no workarounds for IE', but it means 'no workarounds for IE in some future'.

Well, it's a start I guess :P It's the first time I've actually heard that Microsoft are actually listening to developers, only took them about 5 versions of their software to realise that it was guff :P
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1