10 Replies - 5307 Views - Last Post: 22 July 2012 - 04:22 PM Rate Topic: -----

#1 imrocket1  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 5
  • Joined: 16-June 12

I would like to be able to read this

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:33 PM

Can anyone please help me I would like to know what kind of text/code or??? this is and how to make it read in english. If I sound green its simply because I am :) [™"fǷ.‰}p‘}lOW\ƒk39–[<x5qd>Œ‰Qٷ‡bLƒ‚rŠ@Œ(ST Q˜Ž"‚:eYuk,†wM|?DNH_Ÿ#!he'!m,Ž’=Aq†UD0+qk)
Š55LŸhK-lŠV–ŠnšK]”KŒ.\ €}‰Sr@Œ+—*ˆ.~Š4Š—c…8j`caŠ\qaڷ٩÷ˆr.\-;*„Q‹’Ž^EcF‡vhg u̷9eOֱX߷& 'vYte€‹'œB,-b.XԾdg{YŠŒu-Š,q‚lBˆQŠ>P‰幷a}^Ssƒ%v†d†‘:x>MwE-–J-GLSL$B˜4',2–_tFv‘Zˆd‘Ew~”ƒ˜q‘<LOw@jH˜b‚uQs[෹\܏œpn$Y|;‚•qd"¾JJ”U†,S1q*ҷ‘!Y:,œ~x'“,Ÿ„8\8xŠEϩ†…Z”$u+ˆ߷D|S"v…TA˜:0N)[?pQ—·]

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: I would like to be able to read this

#2 GunnerInc  Icon User is offline

  • "Hurry up and wait"
  • member icon




Reputation: 858
  • View blog
  • Posts: 2,281
  • Joined: 28-March 11

Re: I would like to be able to read this

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:41 PM

Context. What is the context? Is it from a binary file, where is it from?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 mccabec123  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head

Reputation: 18
  • View blog
  • Posts: 233
  • Joined: 03-March 11

Re: I would like to be able to read this

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:25 PM

Well going on the assumption that this is from a database, it must be an encrypted field. Without knowing the algorithm used to render this, it's impossible to give you any sort of answer to this I'm afraid, and even if we did know the algorithm, if it was salted it's virtually impossible to crack.

I'm afraid you're out of luck.

And in future, please don't sign up to us and make your first three posts with the same bloody problems, your problem is no more important than any other person on here, and it's incredibly ignorant to polute our community with the same drivel, have some manners.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 imrocket1  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 5
  • Joined: 16-June 12

Re: I would like to be able to read this

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:55 AM

View PostGunnerInc, on 16 June 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

Context. What is the context? Is it from a binary file, where is it from?

Hi it is from an old hard drive I have. I am trying to learn how to search for various things with encase and r studio as I have lost many pics and letters etc. I am very new at all this and its very confusing. Thanks for taking the time to reply.:)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 imrocket1  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 5
  • Joined: 16-June 12

Re: I would like to be able to read this

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:06 AM

View Postmccabec123, on 16 June 2012 - 05:25 PM, said:

Well going on the assumption that this is from a database, it must be an encrypted field. Without knowing the algorithm used to render this, it's impossible to give you any sort of answer to this I'm afraid, and even if we did know the algorithm, if it was salted it's virtually impossible to crack.

I'm afraid you're out of luck.

And in future, please don't sign up to us and make your first three posts with the same bloody problems, your problem is no more important than any other person on here, and it's incredibly ignorant to polute our community with the same drivel, have some manners.


I apologize as I didn't intend to pollute your community!! I am very green and only learning computer stuff. I wasn't sure if I was asking the right department the question and did not realize it would be 3 questions in a row. I wasn't even sure if I was going to get through to the site with any of the questions. So although I understand that as a computer educated person I'm sure this would frustrate you, perhaps you should use some manners yourself and politely inform someone of the mistake rather then making assumptions. Things are not always as WE perceive them to be. Have a wonderful day and thanks so much for your time to send me a response. I sincerely do appreciate it. Have a great day.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 mccabec123  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head

Reputation: 18
  • View blog
  • Posts: 233
  • Joined: 03-March 11

Re: I would like to be able to read this

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:02 AM

View Postimrocket1, on 18 June 2012 - 08:06 AM, said:

View Postmccabec123, on 16 June 2012 - 05:25 PM, said:

Well going on the assumption that this is from a database, it must be an encrypted field. Without knowing the algorithm used to render this, it's impossible to give you any sort of answer to this I'm afraid, and even if we did know the algorithm, if it was salted it's virtually impossible to crack.

I'm afraid you're out of luck.

And in future, please don't sign up to us and make your first three posts with the same bloody problems, your problem is no more important than any other person on here, and it's incredibly ignorant to polute our community with the same drivel, have some manners.


I apologize as I didn't intend to pollute your community!! I am very green and only learning computer stuff. I wasn't sure if I was asking the right department the question and did not realize it would be 3 questions in a row. I wasn't even sure if I was going to get through to the site with any of the questions. So although I understand that as a computer educated person I'm sure this would frustrate you, perhaps you should use some manners yourself and politely inform someone of the mistake rather then making assumptions. Things are not always as WE perceive them to be. Have a wonderful day and thanks so much for your time to send me a response. I sincerely do appreciate it. Have a great day.


I have manners and time to help anybody out who offers the same in return, what did you think our response would be when you started posting several questions on the same topic.

View Postimrocket1, on 18 June 2012 - 08:06 AM, said:

I wasn't even sure if I was going to get through to the site with any of the questions.

This is completely idiotic, everybody's question flag up in the todays topics section, and if it has zero responses then it flags up in red, so it's fairly easy to see, we don't need several flags of the same question pushing everybody elses problems down the list. Think about what you're doing.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#7 jon.kiparsky  Icon User is online

  • Pancakes!
  • member icon


Reputation: 7768
  • View blog
  • Posts: 13,133
  • Joined: 19-March 11

Re: I would like to be able to read this

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:06 AM

Okay, okay, enough already. No need to be a jerk.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#8 modi123_1  Icon User is online

  • Suitor #2
  • member icon



Reputation: 9220
  • View blog
  • Posts: 34,626
  • Joined: 12-June 08

Re: I would like to be able to read this

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:10 AM

Agreed.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#9 calvinthedestroyer  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Lover

Reputation: 167
  • View blog
  • Posts: 1,908
  • Joined: 13-October 07

Re: I would like to be able to read this

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:05 AM

1>How did you get that information?
2>did you read that from a file?
3>What kind of files was it?
4>did you look at the header information (using a HEX editor) to see what type of file the file says it is?
5>Did you use some kind of software to just read data strait off the hard drive?
6>Did that software re assemble the data words in the right order?
7>Why are you trying data recovery? Is the drive dead?

If the info is that important to you then I would shouldgest taking the drive to a professional data recovery place.

edit: I don't know how to spell shouldjest, nether does Google :(
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#10 sepp2k  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

Reputation: 2117
  • View blog
  • Posts: 3,242
  • Joined: 21-June 11

Re: I would like to be able to read this

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:15 AM

View Postcalvinthedestroyer, on 21 July 2012 - 07:05 PM, said:

I don't know how to spell shouldjest, nether does Google :(


Do you mean "suggest"?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#11 ishkabible  Icon User is offline

  • spelling expret
  • member icon




Reputation: 1622
  • View blog
  • Posts: 5,709
  • Joined: 03-August 09

Re: I would like to be able to read this

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:22 PM

ha I do that sometimes :P I used to think hindsight was said/spelled "high and sight" :P if you drop the 'a' phoneme from 'and' it's actually phonetically identical.

shouldjest is only 2 phonemes off; you have to add a 'g' to the end of the first syllable and drop the 'd' and it's the same.

This post has been edited by ishkabible: 22 July 2012 - 04:23 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1