3 Replies - 664 Views - Last Post: 17 June 2012 - 03:14 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

task

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:54 AM

how can i choose a completely manual information system and describe how information technology can improve it
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: task

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: task

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:22 AM

This is a pretty vague question, can you expand on the context which you're asking this in and give us a bit of background please. You've given us one sentence on something and you've not really pointed out what you're trying to achieve.

Everything is relative in programming, it's better to give too much info than too little.

This post has been edited by mccabec123: 17 June 2012 - 02:23 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:47 AM

View Postmccabec123, on 17 June 2012 - 02:22 AM, said:

This is a pretty vague question, can you expand on the context which you're asking this in and give us a bit of background please. You've given us one sentence on something and you've not really pointed out what you're trying to achieve.

Everything is relative in programming, it's better to give too much info than too little.

ok, to choose a manual information system eg paper files, Rolodex,paper contact and describe how we can use information technology to improve that chosen system.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:14 AM

The question is still pretty vague, but going on assumption, I presume that you're trying to explain why a digital database system would be more beneficial to a company over a pure paper system. If this is what you're trying to get an answer to then, things to consider are:

- Does the client have a large amount of records
- Does the client need a digital system
- Does the client have any form of digital system currently that the system could be used with

If these are all true then a digital system would benefit the client in the following ways:

- Easy to maintain
- Less space taken to document records
- Can be accessed from multiple locations, not solely one copy of the record on paper
- Different forms of privilege systems to allow certain users to view certain records
- Data can be displayed in multiple ways in which the user prefers

The biggest benefit of digital database systems are their maintainability though, instead of having to redo a huge form in messy ink, a specific piece of data can be edited in the database without showing any sort of correction or error, thus maintaining a professional look/approach to things.

Hope this helps in some way, cheers.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1