1 Replies - 605 Views - Last Post: 18 June 2012 - 08:52 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Small company database - how can I manage it from online?

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:45 AM

Hi,

My dad runs a small company and currently pays monthly for an on-line management system that allows him to store all of his invoices / customer info ect but he doesn't use half the features and wants me to develop a simpler version for him.

It would basically need to allow him / his partner to log on to the web site from anywhere and view/update invoices /parts used ect.

I was thinking of creating a mysql database which would be stored on a server at home but I'm unsure how I would update the database from a webpage. would php allow me to do this properly?

my dad wants to be able to do everything from the website without having to touch the database at all.
thanks.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Small company database - how can I manage it from online?

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Small company database - how can I manage it from online?

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:52 AM

I was thinking of creating a mysql database which would be stored on a server at home but I'm unsure how I would update the database from a webpage. would php allow me to do this properly?

Sure.. some php to shuffle data back and forth.. some javascript/html to display it.. heck even ASP.NEt would work. Just make sure you get your security bit worked out because it would suck if someone was mucking with the data.

my dad wants to be able to do everything from the website without having to touch the database at all.
thanks.

Yes.. totally do able.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1