3 Replies - 2516 Views - Last Post: 20 June 2012 - 11:12 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

How to integrate?

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:28 PM

Hi All,

I has developed a web application with c# coding How to integrate digital persona U are U 4500 scanner device to web application?

I have develop one web application(Asp.net) with c# coding. But i want to integrate finger print scanner device ("Digital Persona U are U 4500") to my web application! I have digital persona SDK also. But i have no idea to connection to my application. I need to connect digital persona device to web application? Please guide me to solve this issue.For my understanding purpose is there any sample web applications is there (with c# coding in visual studio 2010) suggest me?

Thanks in Advance!
Murali.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How to integrate?

• Not Your Ordinary Programmer
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How to integrate?

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:14 AM

Sorry to say, but this isn't going to work. Very few devices can be integrated with a web application. Something like a USB barcode scanner could(because it simply acts as a keyboard wedge), but it would be pretty useless as it would have to be connected to the server where the web application is running.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:08 PM

Thanks for your great response. Which device is suitable to web application? My development part is totally done. Only connection part is pending. Could you please suggest me which one is support.

Thanks in Advance.
Murali.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:12 PM

The whole point of a web application is that it is separate from the user's local machine. If a web application really started accessing the inner-workings of a client's machine, that would be a major security flaw.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1